Carol1957
Contributing Cover User
11 years ago
Open

Journal Entry: Automatic reversal of journal

I think that there needs to be a facility with MYOB AccountRight for entering automatically reversing journals.

This would be a great feature and one that lots of MYOB users would appreciate as reflected in the forum.

"Reversing Journals"

43 Comments

• Being able to reverse monthly accruals would save a lot of repetitious work.

• A feature in Reckon accounting is the reverse button when doing journals. This is specifically designed for reversing accrual journals each month. You prepare the journal and hit "reverse" - it tells you the journal will be reversed and do you want to save it first. You say yes, it automatically saves the journal and creates the reversal journal on the screen - you don't need to go and find it. Hit save and the reversal is done.

I would like to see this feature in MYOB. This means you need another option under preferences/security being: Transactions can be changed and reversed sytem wide and then a button in the jounal entry screen to enable a journal to be reversed at the same time as it is saved.

The reason I want to be able to change and reverse is that it is mainly me who needs to change a journal - could be a key error or request by a Partner to change something in the accounts. It is inefficient to have to reverse and rekey, or have to change the preference settings all the time.

Thank you for your consideration.

• Has there been any updates regarding auto reversing journals. It would save a lot of time especially for EOFY journals.  I use this feature in Xero and it is brilliant.

• I agree with Carol, reversing journals are important. MYOB should do something about it. Thanks!

• please can this be give some/serious consideration.

this reqest has been in process since 2017 by the looks - it is such an obvioius, efficient and helpful function - AND a lot ofthe competitors do it.... so we're not making it up.

we all know you can go and in and change the setting so you can see the reversing functionality, BUT we're not fixing an error! we dont want to lose the ability to edit errors - we jsut want to be able to reverse the journal with a different date.

please.

Fiona

• Yes, this request for auto reversing journals has been made since 2014!

Come on, MYOB, so many accounting packages have them as a standard

• How can it be that you can't do this in MYOB. Outrageous - this is a basic feature of many competitor products

• It 2022 and still this idea has not been moved. Come on MYOB act on your customers requests....

• HI, i'm not into sledging other products - but you know who they are YET they all do reversing journals!!! So we're not asking for some crazy new idea - just tyring to be efficient and reduce error.

please put this on your priority list for change - every person who does month end in MYOB will really really apprecaite it.

cheers,F