cromangon
Former Staff
12 years ago
Done

Payment Summaries: Email

Hi

It would be a good idea to email payment summaries to the employees from MYOB like the payslips rather than doing it manually

"emailing payment summaries"

76 Comments

CloverQ
    Former Staff

Hi Beach_Jo,

Thank you for your feedback.

This idea is definitely one of the most popular AccountRight ideas, and it is currently on our developers' consideration list for the next compliance release. There are a few different approach available to add this feature, our developers do need to assess them all and determine the workload involved. As this is still in the early planning stage and things can subject to change, I'm afraid we don't have a definite time frame available at the moment. 

When we have more details, we will update the status here accordingly. 

• I would like to see this option implemented, as manually emailing the PAYG Summaries is a big task when you have lots of employees.  This option shouldnt be up for a vote, it should just be a normal function in the software. If privacy is an issue, possiblly implement a password protection feature. Making the password the employee's D.O.B for eg.

• Hi cromangon

Thank you for your idea. I've merged it with this one already included on the AccountRight Idea Exchange.

• I think this idea (most requested on the AR Idea exchange) needs to be coupled with idea number 6 on the AR Idea exchange in that you should not only be able to email PAYG Payment Summaries from the Software but you should be able to lodge the corresponding Payment Summary Annual Report with the ATO through the software.

Both are long-standing well supported ideas but are both sitting in consideration. Would love to see some movement on this.

I appreciate the development team assessing options of how to implement this may be necessary but I believe a lot of clients would rather just have SOMETHING implemented rather than to continue to manually process before the end of the 2016 financial year.

Suja_P
    Former Staff
    Status changed:
    Open
    to
    Coming Soon

Hi everyone,

I'm delighted to say that at the end of this payroll year, you'd be able to email Payment Summaries to your employees, using AccountRight 2016!

We're sorry it took us this long to bring this function into the program. Thank you once again to all who voted and commented on the idea.

CloverQ
    Former Staff
    Status changed:
    Coming Soon
    to
    Done

Hi everyone, 

We are excited to announce that this popular idea has been implemented in AccountRight 2016.2! You can now email original and amended payment summaries to your employees using AccountRight online email feature, or Microsoft Outlook. For more information on v2016.2, please check out this blog: AccountRight 2016.2 now available

Thank you all again for your votes and suggestions on this idea. 

• When you go to email the payment summaries there is an option to bcc an email on the bottom right hand side.

I overtyped the company default email it had ready to go with my own email. I assume it got our company email from our business details section of our company setup.

The problem is - it sent the payroll summaries to my email AND the company default email, which is read by several junior admin staff. Therefore other staff got to see everybodies annual pay. Warning !!

BEER
    Experienced Cover User

I see that this has been implemented for Online users, when will it be implemented for users that are not online?

Haydes
    MYOB Product Team

Hi BEER

You are able to email the Payment Summaries via Microsoft Outlook if your Datafile is Local and using AccountRight 2016.2 or higher (Such as 2018.2). When on Step 7. Review Payment Summaries, you will be able to click "Print/Email Payment Summaries" and click "To Be Emailed" to start sending off the Payment Summaries to your Employees.

You do not need to have the file on the Cloud to utilise this functionality.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Cheers,
    Hayden

MYOB Forum Support