Mags
Trusted Cover User
10 years ago
Open

Purge: (Invoice) Transactions

In the Classic V19 we could purge data anytime after closing of the financial year end and there are reasons why old data is retain then purged at a later date.

As a manufacturer's warranty agent we need to retain stock on hand then invoice the stock back to the manufacturer quoting their Invoice Number and actual cost price paid. We still have stock on hand going as far back as May 2012 and can not purge the data until stock is used.

This feature would be great for these kind of senarios, please consider bringing back purging of old data.

"Purging old data"

15 Comments

• Hi there jonesjones and SEMPlumb,

Thank you very much for your comments.

We do encourage you to vote for this idea by clicking on the '+ VOTE' option next to the subject heading. This allows us to get a better guage of the popularity of the different ideas and suggestions, and also increases the chances of the idea being implemented in the software.

Cheers,

Tallie

SEMPlumb
    Contributing Cover User

Please, please please allow us to purge in Accountright Live.  I have old invoices from 2004 that I can't get rid of and my accountant has said that my file is huge.  I need a way to shrink the file down.

• I want the ability to selectively purge old data before a year-end rollover to be reinstated in Accountright.  You can still do it in v 19.5

KattC
    Former Staff
    Status changed:
    New
    to
    Open

Thank you Mags for your feedback in regards to purging in the new version. We are always looking for new/old features that clients want to see in AccountRight Live. Anyone that would like to see this feature brought back into the software please comment and vote.

Kind regards,

Kat

MYOB Client Support 

jonesjones
    Experienced Cover User

I have been onto MYOB support about this today and they say that there is no need to purge old data as the new versions dont grow the file sizes as fast.

As our file is now over 500mb and incredibly slow even on a brand new computer I would love to be able to remove old data to to see if that helps.