P3
Contributing Cover User
11 years ago
Done

Report: Job Profit & Loss Statement - Ability to produce across financial years

We have projects 'jobs' that span over two financial years and it is frustrating to have to export the two years to excel to produce a P&L for the life of the project.  

Any chance of having a user defined reporting period for jobs, this report is not generally used for year end company reporting so I don't see it as being a problem.

"Job Reporting Profit and Loss Report"

19 Comments

jenniek
    Ultimate Partner

Have a look at the Budget analysis report for jobs. This spans the life of the job and you don't need a budget to get this report.

• Would agree with this.  I have a client who has jobs that span financial years (sometimes up to 4 years) and would love to be able to print one report for the completed job.

• I am in the building and construction industry and need to see how jobs are going on a daily basis. The current version of MYOB does not allow a overall profit and loss of a job - only a year by year report. In this industry a job can carry over through various financial years. I urgently need the ability to look at my bottom line figure on a job. At this stage i have to print out 2 reports and them add them together with a calculator. Not something I wish to be doing

Steven_M
      Former Staff

Hi Westside11-13

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea.

In regards to the sending the current job profit and loss report to excel. If you would like to include account numbers, display the report in AccountRight and select the Insert/Modify tab in the report window then Show Hide columns in the Report Columns section to add in the column. Once that column has been added it will display the account numbers at on the report.   

To export that report to Excel, select the blue button drop down menu in the top left (next to the Filters button) and then select Export>>Excel. On occasion I have seen changes made to that report not flow through to the Excel copy. The way around this for those clients have been to add in the required changes i.e. adding in the account number and then selecting another tab i.e. the Print Preview tab. Once you have done that select to send the report to Excel.

For more information into customising a report and sending it to Excel please see Help Article: Reports

Westside11-13
      Cover User

Job profit & loss report over multiple financial years is required as hours are wasted saving as an excel and adding two or three financial year figures together. 

The report when "saving as" to excel does not show the account number on the spreadsheet. 

Jennifer_Kelly
      Super Partner

Hi Linda,

If you more flexible reporting from MYOB Jobs you might also like to look at some of the MYOB add on solutions, just CLICK HERE.

As an example our product BI for MYOB by Interactive Reporting can help you:

- analyse Job profitability over up to 4 user defineable periods;

- see Job profit  at the high level of the Job header;

- see Jobs by GL account; or

- drill down to the underlying tansactions so find any issues.

One example Job Profit Comparison Report  shows Job to Date profit v This Month Profit  so you can keep a close eye on your jobs daily while also seeing the overal Total job position.

Try it for yourself on our website at www.BIforMYOB.com.

Good luck

Jennifer Kelly

Interactive Reporting

02 8912 4110