Forum Discussion

heikeK
User
11 months ago
Solved

Wrong Financial Year

When I try run a P & L or Balance Sheet report for the current financial year 2023/24 this

financial year under the Financial report does not come up. This is what I have to choose from

Next Year 2023

This Year 2022

Last Year 2021

Why am I not seeing 2024.

I went into My Company Info and it is showing Current Financial Year 2022.

How can I confirm what was the last financial year rolled over at present it is saying to roll over 2022 which

I do not want to do yet as this has not been finalised.

• Hi heikeK 

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

When running a report for current financial year, you need to make sure that you've rolled over the current year. This will display an option for previous, current and next year. You can confirm the FY rolled over by going to File >> Close a Financial year assistant.

You need to complete the payroll summaries before you roll over the year, and finish everything make sure to back up your file before you roll over as this process is irreversible. 

I'll provide you this Help article, Close the financial year, which has a detailed information you might find useful.

Are we able to solved your concern? If YES, please click on "Accept as Solution". If NO, please feel free to reply on this post and we are more than happy to assist.

Cheers,

Princess

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi heikeK 

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

When running a report for current financial year, you need to make sure that you've rolled over the current year. This will display an option for previous, current and next year. You can confirm the FY rolled over by going to File >> Close a Financial year assistant.

You need to complete the payroll summaries before you roll over the year, and finish everything make sure to back up your file before you roll over as this process is irreversible. 

I'll provide you this Help article, Close the financial year, which has a detailed information you might find useful.

Are we able to solved your concern? If YES, please click on "Accept as Solution". If NO, please feel free to reply on this post and we are more than happy to assist.

Cheers,

Princess

gavin12345
      Ultimate User

Hi Princess_R 

I understand that you are new to MYOB, and may not be aware of the background.

You wrote: 

Back a few years ago, MYOB had under File > Close a Year > Close a Financial Year Or Close a Payroll Year. There were 2 options.

Users were warned to make a backup before either of these steps. Closing a Payroll Year was required before a user could process payroll in July. After closing the Payroll Year, a user would Load the new Tax Tables.

When the Payroll Year was closed, all the pay history details from Employee's cards was removed. So yes it was important to make a backup (in case you need to edit something in the Payroll Year you were about to close), and it was important to generate Payment Summaries before the Payroll Year was closed.

About 3 years ago MYOB decided to automate the closing of a Payroll Year and loading of tax tables. They now 'hide' this from users. Most users are not aware this happens automatically when you process your first July payrun. This is why there are lots of queries about this and loading tax tables on the forum. And most are not aware that they will not be able to generate payment summaries, or adjust Pay History after the Payroll Year has been closed by MYOB. Nor are users reminded to make a backup first.

I noted these issues have come up in a number of forum posts recently. I recommend you share this information with other moderators - clearly this is not something MYOB advised you of during your training.

Payment summaries are not a factor in closing a financial year, only in closing a Payroll Year, which MYOB now does behind the scenes without notifying the users, nor pointing out the consequences, nor giving the opportunity to make a backup.

Regards

Gavin

Leneth_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Ben21

Thanks for your post. I would like to extend to you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. Thank you for your time and effort in bringing your concern to us. Apologies that you are having problems with the wrong financial year, and we thank you for your patience and understanding on this matter. We are glad that you found this forum a valuable resource that fixes the issue. 

Feel free to come back to the Community Forum if you have any more questions, we are more than happy to assist. 

Cheers, 
        Leneth