JenDPT
Experienced Cover User
9 months ago
New

Annual leave balance report in NZ

Can NZ Payroll please have an Annual Leave Balance Summary report added.

We used this report to record our Holiday Pay liability.

"If you're looking for the totals of hours taken, hours accrued, and available hours for each employee within a specific period of time, you may run the leave balance report by going to Reporting >> Reports >> Payroll >> Leave Balance. This will show you the list of all leave payroll categories in your file. We also have the detailed leave balance report. "

THIS IS AVAILABLE IN AUSTRALIA - PLEASE ADD IT TO NZ PAYROLL :)

18 Comments

• The absence of this report (NZ leave balances by employee) in a so-called UPDATE to a PAYROLL product, which then became more EXPENSIVE, doesn't make any business sense. 

It has lead us to evaluate other payroll products and I'm sure we will not be the only user to jump ship to a supplier who listens to an issue and takes steps to rectify their product.

This was first alerted to MYOB in November - four months ago.

Unless this vital report is reinstated, in some fashion, by 31 March, we will be leaving MYOB.

• Leneth_A 

You commented back in October 2023 "We appreciate you notifying us about your suggestion, specifically the addition of the Annual Leave Balance Summary Report for NZ Payroll to help manage your Holiday Pay liability. We apologize for any challenges you've encountered because this feature is currently unavailable, and we appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. We will make sure to pass along your feedback to the team. "

Can you please explain why, 6 months later, this is still not a priority for your development team?? Such appalling service, especially with your NZ Customers screaming out for this report. 

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Janelle6,

Thanks for your post.

I understand how important this feature is for managing your holiday pay liability, and I apologize as we couldn't give you a specific timeline for this feature to be available. However, on behalf of Leneth_A reply, I assure you that your feedback is valuable and has been noted. If there are any updates or changes in the future, we will make sure to inform you.

In the meantime, if you have any other concerns or need further assistance, please let me know, or you may reach out to our online help center, MOCA, anytime you need help.

Kind regards,

Shella

• This a basic requirement and should be there. It's not optional. Come on MYOB, get your act together

• This post is now 8 months old and still no progress. Come on MYOB - we are looking at other providers now not only for payroll but our entire accounting system. I can't trust you will provide the support and functionality we will require when upgrading. 

• To request the addition of an Annual Leave Balance Summary report for NZ Payroll in MYOB:

---

**Subject: Request for Annual Leave Balance Summary Report in NZ Payroll**

Dear MYOB Support Team,

I am writing to request the addition of an Annual Leave Balance Summary report to the NZ Payroll system. This report is crucial for recording our Holiday Pay liability and is already available in the Australian version. 

Currently, we use the leave balance report, but it would be beneficial to have a summary report showing totals of hours taken, hours accrued, and available hours for each employee within a specific period.

Thank you for considering this request.

Best regards,
    [Your Name]

---

Feel free to personalize the message as needed.

• Another vote for this report.  It is such a standard basic requirement to accrue for leave balances, it is astounding that a report is not availabe and takes so long to manually create.  It looks lik we have also lost the Employee Annual Leave Detailed Report - at least that gave outstanding hours, even if you did then have to calculate a value based on pay rates.