Noremac01
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Coming Soon

Applying Surcharge

So once again I feel that MYOB over complicates things and then doesnt believe it is ever at fault.

Recently I recieved my monthly bill which was a lot higher than normal. Why? Because apparently Bpay isn't included in the Apply Surcharge field. 

Im not sure if my screen shot will show but it clearly aligns Bpay with all other online payments and then the box below says that you can apply a surcharge. 

When questioning MYOB I got the good old "it states it in the terms and conditions" I asked if it looked misleeding and they didnt have an answer. 

I asked to have Bpay removed from a service that is offered but apparently they can't do that either. 

In fact it appears that MYOB can't do a lot of things. This new "Downgrade" that they have applied to everyone I really cant see why they did it. 

Even my accountant has now moved away from MYOB 

15 Comments

Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi lspa

Thanks for getting back to us and apologies for not getting back to you sooner. We thank you for your patience and understanding. 

Regarding your question, you may set up a surcharge on your invoices using this Help Article Customer surcharging for online payments. This will provide you with more information and instructions to assist you with this. If you are paying via BPAY, you will not incur a surcharge fee, however, you will continue to be charged any fees related to the payments received via BPAY.

Please do not hesitate to return to the Community Forum if you have any further inquiries. Our team is always here to help. 

Cheers, 

Leneth

lspa
    Experienced User

Leneth_A how can I have the surcharge appear on my invoices so that the amount charged matches the invoice total? This is causing a lot of issues for me and my customers.

please advise the proper process I should be using as I cannot figure it out.

Thanks,

Adam.

Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Noremac01

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. Apologies for the delay in responding and thank you for bringing your concern to us. We understand that this feature where BPAY will be included in the applied surcharge field is especially important to manage your workflow. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We genuinely appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter. Rest assured that we will relay your idea/feedback to the relevant team and the developer’s team monitored your feedback and this will be added in the product roadmap based on feature request. Feel free to come back to the Community Forum if you have any more questions, we are more than happy to assist.

Thanks, 
    Leneth

lspa
    Experienced User

Noremac01 wrote:

So once again I feel that MYOB over complicates things and then doesnt believe it is ever at fault.

Recently I recieved my monthly bill which was a lot higher than normal. Why? Because apparently Bpay isn't included in the Apply Surcharge field. 

Im not sure if my screen shot will show but it clearly aligns Bpay with all other online payments and then the box below says that you can apply a surcharge. 

When questioning MYOB I got the good old "it states it in the terms and conditions" I asked if it looked misleeding and they didnt have an answer. 

I asked to have Bpay removed from a service that is offered but apparently they can't do that either. 

In fact it appears that MYOB can't do a lot of things. This new "Downgrade" that they have applied to everyone I really cant see why they did it. 

Even my accountant has now moved away from MYOB 

Hannah_V May you please inform me how to have the surcharge appear on my invoices so the payment and invoice amounts both match!?

Hannah_V
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, Noremac01 thank you for raising your concern.

In terms of MYOB Businesses, it now has the option to charge its consumers a surcharge for using online invoice payments. 

This means that the 1.8% card payment surcharge (for Amex, VISA, Mastercard, Apple Pay, Google PayTM, or PayPal) may now be included in a customer invoice. You will still be charged for payments you receive through BPAY because it is not included in this phase.

To know more about this, check this Help Article: Fees and charges for online payments

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information

Regards,

Hannah