Zenra
Contributing User
10 years ago
Done

Pay items: Set account for deductions

If this is already possible, my apologies i may just need to do more digging.

However our client have novated leasing fro their employees which means pre and post tax deductions via payroll.

There are three journals, Pre tax Deduction, Post tax Deduction and the Employee ECM GST.

It would be great if there was an option to select which GL accout these were to be applied to.

in their example

Pre tax Deduction -  6-6299

Post tax Deduction - 6-6299

Employee ECM GST - 2-2200

Regards

Shannon Staunton

"Select account for payroll deductions"

14 Comments

• Great idea but would love to see it extended to allowances and also gross pay of employees as well.  I have a client that has factory staff and office staff so a split in the payroll to COS and Expenses would be great according to department

• Would like to be able to assign a General Ledger code to all payroll allowances, deductions and gross pay.

Have dealt with a company that allows you to assign General Leger codes to the employees gross pay. eg if you have office staff (in expenses) and factory staff (in cost of goods sold).

Also have a client that deducts rent from his employee.  This is currently posted to payroll deductions in Balance sheet.  Would like this to go against income for rent in profit and loss.  

Could be a simple fix by adding a General Ledger code option when loading allowances and deductions and a pay catagory for the new employee.

ronatbas
      Ultimate Partner

In AR Plus - when you open the wages category you can tick a box to 'Override Employees' wage account'.

Liam_M
    Former Staff
    Status changed:
    New
    to
    Open

Thank you for your great suggestion Zenra  Anyone who would like to be able to select a separate account for each payroll deduction, please cast your vote here.