11 years ago
Archived

Sales: Custom field that can be searchable/filtered by

Would be really great to be able to add notes to an invoice like a provider number, license number etc...

"Custom Invoice fields"

25 Comments

• I agree with all the above comments.

Having a header option would be really helpful (just like AccountRight).

There are some types of businesses which require more fields than others, so it may be a good idea if these extra fields are attached to the company types when setting up the company. That way its only there for those who need it, and not annoying those who don't use it.

The other option is to have an option to turn on/off these fields so anyone can access them if they wish.

• Yes please, KenClark has listed fields that would be useful.

Also JillS uses the 1st line of an invoice as I do.

In creating an invoice, I generally describe the project location and works description however I have to put a money figure in for this general explaination - leaving it blank is not an option.  It looks unprofessional to be charging a dollar or even a cent for a general description of the works being invoiced for.

And, I agree with Krickett that the Item field is of no use, and the option to delete or hide this field would be useful.

Finally, when the detail in an invoice consumes half the 1st page it prints to the 2nd page with a great deal (approx a 3rd of the page) left as white space on the 1st page - can we have some greater control over the size of fields?

Regards,

Dan

KenClark
    Experienced Partner

I would like to see 4 additional fields:

* Company Name as well as Trading Name

* Mobile Phone No

* Email Address

* Licence No (for bulders etc)

• I would like the ability to remove fields - the "item" field in the current format is of no use to me.

Additionally to Jill's suggestion - I would also like a job reference option.  I would like to not only be able to link quotes and invoices to it but also the associated expenses.

JillS
    Experienced User

Hi

I would like to see a field as the first "entry" on an invoice to allow for a job reference/order number.  Currently I have to use the first line, but the price ends up "reading across" from this reference rather than the work description or item, and doesn't look right.

Jill

• Status changed:
    New
    to
    Open
    Thanks for the idea. I understand having more fields to enter data would help to automatically display important information on your invoices. We encourage other users who would like the ability to have additional fields to vote and add further comments.