GailW
Partner
11 years ago
Done

Setup: Ability to use Jobs

Several of our clients have multiple rental properties and we need to dissect the various properties.  Essentials would be an ideal tool for this, but we don't seem to be able to segregate transactions - not worth the additional expense to use Account Right level of product - jobs would be ideal

"Essentials - ability to use Jobs"

• It would be very handy to have job codes and be able to allocate expenses against an invoice.  In a consulting operation where out of pockets go straight to the customer this is a must.

Liam_M
      Former Staff

Hello royalhotels 

MYOB Essentials is a separate product to our AccountRight product range and doesn't have the features you've listed (with the exception that matching a bank feed to an expense will mark the expense as paid, and close it if paid in full).

We do have a cloud service for most of our AccountRight Products called AccountRight Live. It does have all the features you've mentioned. You can find out more about it here:

AccountRight Live

Regards

Liam
      MYOB Support

royalhotels
      Cover User

Just set up MYOB Essential to find out that it does not do the following;

Job Coding

Batch Payments

Exporting to Excel

Importing Timesheets

Matching bank DR to supplier invoices does not render the invoice paid in MYOB. This is an odd one!

the product is very clean to use and great for basic businesses but it would be amazing to see a cloud version of Enterprise.

If I am incorrect in any of my observatiosn above, feel free to let me know. I would love to keep using it!

Richard_Puffe
      Trusted User
      Status changed:
      New
      to
      New
      Hi, Thanks for your enhancement request. Richard Puffe MYOB LiveAccounts Product Manager
  • It would be good if there was a feature to live accounts that would allow the user to make a daily or weekly job sheet that could be sent out with work crews. 

Idealy this set up would work best with a quoting system that makes the job sheet and then generate an invoice once the job is completed but I do think that a feature to allow a user to do this type of thing would be highly benifical especially for service industry people using te system. 

User7
      Cover User

I recently started myob essentials and Im very happy with the program. HOWEVER.....

Please tell me why there is no option to restrict user access ?? 

Most small business need to be able to give access to staff to do basic things like ‘invoice’ only, and keep other Information private. This makes absolutely no sense. It would be a very simple system change and having read other comments has been a problem for years. 

Please dont tell me the solution is to ugrade to a much more expensive myob program just for this one feature ? Hopefully I’ve got it all wrong but if not its a Deal breaker ! 

• After reading all the comments, basically i think we want Live accounts to be just like AccountRight, with the same functions and features

• Job tracking would definitely be an improvement in Live Accounts.