Jay1996
Experienced Cover User
18 days ago

How to Back Up Data on Business Pro

Earlier we became aware that you cannot Back Up data on business pro. Today we received an email from MYOB about updated terms. In these terms, we were asked to back up our data as cloud based failures can occur.
I have to presume that Data Back up on Business Pro is now possible, otherwise why would someone put that clause asking user to back up.
Can you please update if we can now backup data on Business Pro.

Thanks

9 Comments

• It seems that MYOB has updated its terms to emphasize the importance of backing up data due to potential cloud-based failures. If earlier versions of Business Pro did not support data backups, this clause suggests there may have been changes or updates allowing for backups. To confirm if data backup is now possible on Business Pro, please check the latest MYOB documentation or locksmith contact their support directly for clarification. They can provide the most accurate information on any new backup capabilities or features.

• MYOB has recently updated its terms to highlight the importance of backing up your data, especially due to the risk of cloud-based failures. If previous versions of Business Pro didn’t support data backups, this update might suggest that backups are now possible. To confirm this, you should check the latest MYOB documentation or contact their support team. They can give you the most accurate details about any new backup features.

• To see if data backup is now possible with Business Pro, it's best to check the latest MYOB documentation or contact their support team. They can give you the most accurate and current information about any new backup features.

AlanT
    Ultimate Partner

An how polite were they to send us an email dated the 21st August saying that the new T & Cs take effect from the 22nd August.

• Hi there? Did you get a response to this? We are facing the same predicament and wish to have backups as I believe MYOB cloud doesn’t retain the information as long as is required by the ATO?

Jay1996
      Experienced Cover User

I did not get any useful reply. Disappointed about the usefulness of this forum. 

I am hopeful it will improve and we will get a proper reply here. Fingers crossed.

AlanT
    Ultimate Partner

Jay1996,

There is no backup option in the web based MYOB products.  The only product with a backup option is AccountRight.

Regards,

AlanT

• Hi Alan, 

If we pay and upgrade to AccountRight then will all the existing Pro data transfer across so we can download a backup? Including any documents uploaded and attached to transactions? 

thanks 

Jay1996
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks Alan T.
      I did know that and mentioned in my query as well.
      But I was pleased when I got updated terms for MYOB Business Pro. It was clearly advised to back up data. So I thought they have updated the software and was excited. Hoping someone would have used it.
      It would be good if MYOB admitted that line was a mistake and status quo continues. They should probably send revised terms to delete the advise to back up Business Pro if cannot be done. 

Or better still, I am hopeful they have added or adding this feature.
      Regards
      Jay