Forum Discussion

Samiam
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Turnover is over $10m but registered for a Simpler BAS

Hi there

I'm just setting up our file to lodge our BAS online. 

I selected that our annual t/o is more then $10m but when I'm taken to the BAS form is says "You're registered to lodge a Simpler BAS. You don't need to report....

Where is this information coming from - the ATO or MYOB?

Thanks

S

• Hi Samiam 

Thanks for your post. When Simpler BAS took effect in 2017, all businesses with a GST turnover of less than $10 million were automatically moved to Simpler BAS by the ATO. Even if you haven't been lodging using Simpler BAS the ATO may still have you registered to lodge that way. The online BAS lodgement in AccountRight will show Simpler BAS if the ATO let us know that you are eligible to use it.

I would recommend checking with the ATO to confirm how you need to be lodging your BAS. 

Please do let me know how to go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Samiam 

Thanks for your post. When Simpler BAS took effect in 2017, all businesses with a GST turnover of less than $10 million were automatically moved to Simpler BAS by the ATO. Even if you haven't been lodging using Simpler BAS the ATO may still have you registered to lodge that way. The online BAS lodgement in AccountRight will show Simpler BAS if the ATO let us know that you are eligible to use it.

I would recommend checking with the ATO to confirm how you need to be lodging your BAS. 

Please do let me know how to go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.