MYOBNewbie19
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Duplicate payments in bank feed and bank reconciliation

I started using MYOB a few years ago but very new to Bank reconciliations and working through them slowly. One month we paid an invoice twice so there are two payments in bank feed and subsequently in the bank transactions to reconcile. I have matched the first payment but how do I match the second payment? 

3 REPLIES 3
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,135Posts

116Kudos

485Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Duplicate payments in bank feed and bank reconciliation

Hi @MYOBNewbie19,

Thank you for your post. Please allow me to extend you a warm welcome to the Community forum.

I understand that you're having some trouble with duplicate payments in your bank feed and bank reconciliation. I'm sorry for the late reply to your question, but here's how you can resolve this matter. In handling overpaid invoices, you'll normally apply the first payment to the unpaid (open) bill as you normally do, then record another supplier payment and apply the second payment to the same bill. As this bill is now paid (or closed), you'll need to select the Include Closed Purchases option to see it. A debit for the second payment will be automatically created. Please refer to this Help article, Supplier Overpayments and Double Payments, which has detailed information to assist with this.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

MYOBNewbie19
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for the answer - worked perfectly! 

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,135Posts

116Kudos

485Solutions

Hi @MYOBNewbie19,

Thank you for your response. I'm glad to hear that my answer was helpful to you. I will now close this thread as resolved. Please feel free to start a new post if you need further assistance in the future.

Cheers,

Princess

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post