Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: In Tray - attach documents

PET
Cover User

1Posts

502Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

I have seen the in tray for purchases and ask if there are any plans to add an in tray to the sales invoice side. It would be very helpful to us as a solar installation company to store all compliance and design pdfs with the installation sale record, so that over time we when we re-visit the sale record we can find all of that in one place. 

'In tray for Sales?"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: March 2015

Hi @PET 

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and sale transactions.

Currently the In Tray can be used for purchases only. I would encourage other users that would like to see the ability to upload documents to be read for Sale transactions/an "Out Tray" to vote and comment if required.

285 Comments
abacusowner
6 Posts
Cover User

Automotive Invoicing. Sometimes I need to bring up info relating to the job I am invoicing, for instance a photo or a waveform or a file saved from my scan tool . It would be great to have a link embedded in the invoice to bring up the data when revisiting the invoice.  

Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

when MYOB makes an invoice have all the details of the invoice go in to the pdf file.

so when the invoice is opened from an email the user can import it directly in to their MYOB 

The software then reads all the metadata on the pdf file and can auto put in the date, amount, due date, GST

Supplier, ABN, BSB, Bank account numbers. etc

would save time on data entry, less errors

or is there a extra data file we can email with the invoice that has all the details, so we can just inport that file?

"auto input invoice data"

kl_vision
Experienced Cover User
56 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hello,  I would love a screen/button that links directly to my printer to quickly scan receipts and invoices. I am loving the In Tray but an extension to this would be great Smiley Happy  Thanks Smiley Happy

Gaye_Cuddihy
Partner
34 Posts
Partner

In Tray in Sales would also be helpful for storing Sales orders from customers.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @PET 

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and sale transactions.

Currently the In Tray can be used for purchases only. I would encourage other users that would like to see the ability to upload documents to be read for Sale transactions/an "Out Tray" to vote and comment if required.

greenpark
2 Posts
Cover User

1st I would like to say I absolutley love the new "In Tray" in Purchases. Great work.

I would love to see the same happen in Sales. With every Invoice I create I have to attach a signed consignment note prior to emailing as my clients won't pay me without a signed copy showing delivery accepted. Currently I send all Invoices to my email address,scan every signed docket then collate them and re sending to client. This is a long loborious task. Since using the In Tray in Purchases, I can see exactly the same working in Sales. This would also save a lot of time if a client phones about an Invoice, I have all the details including scanned signature under Sales.

For me, the sooner the better.

hardworker
1 Post
Cover User

It would be great if I could scan our customer sale orders and attach  them to our sales invoice.  Will this be available soon? or something you might think about.

NZIFSA-Tracy
2 Posts
Cover User

The new In tray for purchases to attach PDFs etc to purchase invoices as source electronic documents would be great to have also for sales invoices.  Can this please be considered for a future update please?

TheBodhiBus
Experienced User
33 Posts
Experienced User

Love the idea of the in tray feature, very handy. Is there any chance an 'in tray' could be implemented for spend money transactions?

Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner
1,690 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Me too - would like to catch-up with you sometime.

Kym Y in Darwin (Palmerston)