Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank Register: Show memo and payee correctly

Cover User

1Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

Please ensure that the Payee column shows the Payor/ Payee and NOT  Memo notes.

Set Up Preference is ticked to show Payor / payee rather than Memo but still it persists. 

When will this be fixed? 

Clare Carrigan 

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2017

Hi Everyone

I'm pleased to announce that with the release of AccountRight 2017.2 the Bank register will correctly show the Payee or Memo of the transactions depending on the Banking preference - Display Payee, Rather Than Memo, in Register and Reports.

You can find out more information about this and other changes, including information on obtaining AccountRight 2017.2 from AccountRight 2017.2 now available.

5 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your feedback. The memo appearing in the bank register, rather than the payee, for some transactions is a know issue that our developers are aware of. We intend to correct this in a future update.

DU
1 Post
Cover User

in all things to do with the Bank reconciliation the description only shows the "memo" as the description not the payee to whom the payment is being made. This has only started happening in the latest version of MYOB

Having spoken to a member of the MYOB support team I have been told that all rconcilaition reporting both on screen and in the printout now acceses only the memo reference not the payee reference of that item and so I can only get the payee name if I copy it into the memo box as well.

Without this extra processing step of copying the payee name into the memo box this means bank reconicliation references are meanless. There is no real way of knowing who is being paid or to tracking back to what and who has been paid and to properly reconcile to the bank. My auditors are saying all the current bank rec reports in the new version are meaningless as many items that are paid (especially payroll) do not show who is actually being paid just random amounts of the same descitpion.

Please provide an update or mechanism which changes the written descirption of the payment being made to the payee. Apparently the preferences in setup do not change the reports even if payee is selected.

Thanks

D

CraigG
Partner
4 Posts
Partner

I questioned this also in November 2015 and was referred to this post from Jan 2015.

Here we are in April 2017 and this is still an issue.  This is extremely frustrating as we rely almost entirerly on MYOB on the go for taking payments and the only way to track payments from the bank register is to click and open every payment.  What a wast of time for such a simple bug fix.   Unacceptable really.    And yes it is a bug and not a feature request as i was told 18 months ago.

Myob issue.PNG

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

I'm pleased to announce that with the release of AccountRight 2017.2 the Bank register will correctly show the Payee or Memo of the transactions depending on the Banking preference - Display Payee, Rather Than Memo, in Register and Reports.

You can find out more information about this and other changes, including information on obtaining AccountRight 2017.2 from AccountRight 2017.2 now available.

Hassan71
1 Post
User

Hi ,

I'm Using AccountRight Plus AU 2021.2.1

The same problem is facing me with this version of the program , I hope i can find help in this ,

(Pease ensure that the Payee column shows the Payor/ Payee and NOT  Memo notes.

Set Up Preference is ticked to show Payor / payee rather than Memo but still it persists. 

When will this be fixed?)

Hassan