Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Card File: Searching by street address

Cover User

3Posts

115Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand

We used to search cards by street address in v19.5 and no longer can on v2013 which we have just upgradedf to.

This is extremely frustrating as we relied heavily on it.

Please give this back to us asap

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: December 2016

Hi Everyone

Thank you all for your comments and voting for this particular idea.

I'm pleased to announce that with AccountRight 2016.3 an exciting new search feature for Cards has been introduced. This allows for the user to search the Card List window by street address, phone number, state and other fields (40+)

You can find out more information about this feature and how to obtain the update on AccountRight 2016.3 now available.

93 Comments
Joanna
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi 

I would also like this feature returned ... I am an MYOB Approved Partner and for a lot of my clients this is the biggest reason they haven't or won't upgrade to AccountRight Live ... for so many of them it is a function they use on a daily basis and don't want to be without.

Thanks

Joanna

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Yes please - really need more to search on than just the name - we just got this in the V19.x versions, then you've taken it away again!

Joanna
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Can you please combine this with the other two suggestions that relate to the same thing.

Greenscene
Contributing Cover User
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Searching by address is a really important feature of V19.5 I use frequently (daily).  I've not upgrade to AccountsrightLive primarily because this function is not available.  

Jvps
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I used to search by address all the time - very frustrating that this is no longer availalbe - would be great if you can add this feature again

Vonnii
Partner
1 Post
Partner

Hi

Could you please add the search under 'address' function that was in earlier versions.  I have a client who relies heavily on this function and unfortunately it is not included in the latest verson.

Thank you!!

Von

Geoff_
Ultimate Partner
1,721 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi Vonni

Great idea

I just checked my copy of AccountRightPlus Version 19.7 and the function is there.

I wonder why it was removed?

Sarah2711
3 Posts
Cover User

Hi, can you advise if there has been any progress on including the wider range of search options such as by address or card id in the card list in the new Accountright Live Plus 2013?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Sarah2711 

You can search by Card ID and Phone number in the AccountRight 2014.1 using the Advance search option. This can be achieved via Cards>>Cards Lists>>Selecting one of the cards in the list - i.e. don't have the top one selected and then select CTRL + SHIFT + F on the keyboard, This will allow you to search for characters in the window using the columns available.

For example you are searching for a particular area code for phone number you can use the advance search to find that area code. It will bring up all cards using thar area code or has that numbers/set of characters on the Card list window.

This idea is still under consideration to bring up address as a searching option like older versions of the program.

Aaronp
Trusted Partner
96 Posts
Trusted Partner

I find it ridiculous that these basic and useful features were removed from an UPGRADE.

MYOB need to make a list of all the added features in an upgrade AND all the removed features.

i think lots of people would refrain from upgrading and voice their discontent with feature removal PRIOR to finding out the hard way! Especially seeing as you can't roll back after upgrading!

The fact these feature request are made 6, 8, 12 months ago, new versions have been released, including different levels of the software, leads me to believe you are talking crap when you say they are being taken on board and/or considered or worked on and has put me closer to boycotting MYOB, not just because it is slow and buggy, but also because you have crippled it of existing features, features that were useful and heavily relied upon.

My suggestion, pull your finger out and fix the software, put back all the removed features or suffer the peril.