Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Forms: Remittance Advice - List credits line by line

Cover User

2Posts

98Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I am new to MYOB, but very unhappy with how the software deals with credit notes on remittance advices.

When we pay Suppliers ( 100+ per month) we always have a mix of invoices to pay and credits to take. 

Whilst the system will take up the credits the Supplier is not getting the breakdown on the remit advice.

The remit advice needs to show invoices line by line and ALSO credits line by line. That way the Supplier knows exactly what the total amount represents. I have discussed this issue with 2 Live Chat consultants and both have no solutions, one even suggests to "hand write" the information. The remit is supposed to be emailed so that option is not professional enough for such a well known system. My previous software package of 20 years handled this simple accounting task perfectly. Keen for feedback and also a software enhancement quickly.

Given credit and invoices are entered the same way except with a negative value I am surprised this issue has not been resolved by other retailers paying suppliers years ago!

"Supplier Remittance Advice needs to list credits line by line!'

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2013

Hi Nashy, thank you for your feedback. Additional options for your remittance advice details are something that we are looking into to be added into a future update, it is not currently in production so I cannot offer an expected time frame on this. Kind Regards, Matthew - MYOB Client Support

76 Comments
JulianB
2 Posts
Cover User

Fully support this comment; our suppliers are frustrated at the lack of our ability to reference individual credit notes taken up against invoices on remittance advices, which reduces their operation (and we are dealing with multi-nationals) to guesswork. This makes us look unprofessional in the extreme and affects our productivity in the amount of time it takes us to forensically account for payments made. What's even more amazing is that the initial comment in this string is nine years old and it still hasn't been fixed!

Tijana
1 Post
User

Has this been resolved? It's been over 9 years since the initial request.

Gose36
8 Posts
Cover User

They never bothered fixing this and I gave up asking. Now moved everything to Xero for all businesses that I look after.

HenryMilanovic
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User

They can't be bothered fixing any issues in MYOB. Will look at moving to another program.

34442kyneton
3 Posts
Cover User

The lack of what credit note is being taken up on the remmitance makes it almost impossible to reconcile payments.

I thought it was just me not knowing how to use the software.

Kathy05
1 Post
User

Any chance this has been resolved yet?? We need to be able to send suppliers an accurate remittance showing invoices paid and credits being taken up. 

finacc
4 Posts
User

Hi Support,

Just wonder if this has update.

I just start using MYOB and noticed this.

Kind regards,

Akiko

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,068 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @finacc,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the community forum.

We understand your anticipation for the feature users have been requesting. There hasn't been an update or official release regarding this specific feature. We completely understand the importance of this functionality for you and many others. While we don't have a specific timeline or update to share at this moment, rest assured that your request is being actively considered by our development team. We'll ensure that your request for this is highlighted by adding you as a user requesting this functionality as soon as possible.

If there's anything else we can assist you with or if you have further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Cheers,

Princess

OLFTG
Partner
1 Post
Partner

Hi Princess, 

With all due respect, I made a request 6 years ago for the same issue and was advised the same inofrmation "that I would be added to the list ect", however there still has not been a resolution to this request.  I have requested a follow up and seen numerous posts asking the same questions and we are ignored.  MYOB has been developing many other facets of the business, how come they can't look at this issue which affects so many businesses?

Gose36
8 Posts
Cover User

To everyone on this request

This is never going to happen. I asked for this over10 years ago and nothing. In the end I moved all our entities across to Xero.

Would suggest if this is going to be an ongoing issue for anyone that you do the same.