Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Forms: Statements - Due Date column

Cover User

3Posts

105Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Hi, I'd really like to be able to put the due date of invoices on a statement (I have been hoping this would be implemented for years).

Some of our clients have different due dates for different things they order and it is never clear on a statement exactly what makes up the aging period 1, 2  and 3 or what is actually overdue. I think this would help us greatly with getting clients to pay on time and displying to them exacly what we're "harassing" them over Smiley Happy

The field is already there and can be used in invoices, so I'm not sure why it isn't available in statements. I dont want to have to use another field or enter in the due date for each invoice (as some suggestions I've seen previously).

Thanks

"Due Date on Statement"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2014

Thanks for the excellent suggestion @Jesslc. Anyone would like to see invoice due dates added to statements, please vote for this idea.

22 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for the excellent suggestion @Jesslc. Anyone would like to see invoice due dates added to statements, please vote for this idea.

Shazs
Experienced Cover User
57 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I put Due and the date in the Journal Memeo on the invoice and that is what shows on the Statement.

Erin_B
Experienced User
43 Posts
Experienced User

This would be a great feature to help clients understand when they were due and when they are next due. 

Is there any chance this feature will be implemented in future updates? 

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I'm surprised this feature doesn't already exist...

Michell_Feitosa
Contributing User
17 Posts
Contributing User

Why MYOB does not have payment due date field clear mentioned on the "Enter Sales/purchases” windows.

The Term that we pick make the due date mysterious. Why that? We never know if the due date is right or not.

Would be so much simpler to have an extra field under the Date, calls “Payment due date” which could be automatically populated base on the Terms of the sales or Card, or even filled manually by the user. As a normal, logic and common feature in any system. Hence, will have no problem in any other feature of MYOB regarding due dates.

Must of the companies have due dates base in… “no basis:. Its just a random date they agreed with their client to pay their invoices. It’s so frustrated when you need to change the "date" to make it as a due date using C.O.D. as a term, then you lose the record when the sales happened, just to make this date as the due date of the transaction.

I cannot use the “Promised date” as it is for shipping date, that is not the payment due date

Example:

Today date is 04/08. Using Enter sales, sales type invoice, Layout Item.

E.g 1. This client need to pay me tomorrow. The only way I record payment date is changing the “date” (that I recon should be keep as today date as I would like to have a record when the sales happened).

E.g 2. The client will pay me next week on the 10/08. Again I need to change the date to make it as the due date.

E.g 3. The client was supposed to pay me yesterday, I forgot to record it before, so I will record it with with the date for yesterday 03/08 to be as the due date.

We would never know when the sales was entered/recorded because we don’t have a due date filed, as we need to use the date filed as the due date. It’s sad, and unproductive.

I know that MYOB was developed by accountants, and for account purpose only, it does the job. But most of the small business rely on MYOB to record they day to day transaction and some simple and basic future is need to make MYOB useful for them, otherwise a shift for a competitor will be imminent.

If you have an idea easier than a due date field available in all transaction to be manually filed or automatically filled, please let us know, because I am anxious research a way to solve this issue.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Michell_Feitosa

I believe that AccountRight does offer what you are trying to achieve. I see that you have posted on Payment due date on Enter sales and purchases I've marked that idea as Clarification Need to give more information from you in regards to your feedback.

snowbie2
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Any chance this idea could actually be implemented? It seems fairly straightforward and popular, based on the 46 votes it currently has.

When you have a customer who has varying payment terms (e.g. Net 7 for services and Net 30 for hardware), it makes it very hard to determine which invoices are overdue by looking at the statement.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @snowbie2

Thank you for your comment and voting for this idea.

Currently this idea has been marked as under consideration as that we are still considering for future updates to the program. At this stage we don't have a time frame for when this particular idea will be marked for development and added to the program. However we certainly can see the benefit of it to clients to make invoicing and debtor management easier.

mcv
Experienced Cover User
45 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Add the available field to the customisable form "statement"  

this date just has to link to the information in the card file  ...   but i just added a txt box on my statements with the due date on it...

Can we have an option to change the file name that the statements get saved as??? 

Estatement is very unprofessional  

JeremiahHicks
3 Posts
Cover User

We need the "due date" to show up on customer statements, and not just populating the "days past due" fields. For instance if an invoice was created on the 15th March, and we provide 30 days EOM terms to the customer, the due date would then be  30th April. This due date needs to appear on the statements, but it's currently not an optional field to select from.

Also, we need the ability to automate statements at the end of each month if we desire. It doesn't need to be automatic, but at least give us the choice to have it as such. Some of us don't have the time to go generating statements for every customer at the end of each month. Let the program automatically do it for us.

"Changes to customer statements"