Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

In Tray: Ability to convert Orders to Bills

Cover User

2Posts

74Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

The In Tray appears as it develops will be a great asset and time saver. 

If you can link to an exisiting bill, You should be able to link to an existing order.

We eneter our orders (yellow) then send to our supplier. hen the invoice comes in we change to a bill (blue). This allows us to keep track of backorders etc.

If you could link to an existing order with your in tray invoice why could you not automatically change the order to a bill?. Basicall In tray only works for bills only. If this would change it would benefit a lot of businesses.

In tray is a great step forward.

"In Tray Concert Orders to Bills"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: February 2015

Hi @Projex 

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the In Tray with AccountRight.

Currently you can only link the In Tray documents with bills. This is due to the fact that order doesn't have accounts affecting it until its been converted to a bIll. 

However I would encourage others that would like to see the In Tray documents to be linked to orders and possible convert those orders when linked to vote and comment if required.

42 Comments
GBMW
Contributing Cover User
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Please implement this idea as I currently don't use In Tray as I have to double handle every invoice

Eastcoastpoly
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

We are Tati g I tray and find it very useful, would be great if it matched with ord rs or bills and then chang d them to bills when matched

HeatherDBS
Experienced Cover User
126 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I support this too. Finally started using the feature but most of our purchases have orders first... There is no time-saving here and I'm thinking it might actually be using extra time. And why can't MYOB detect the supplier and limit the options when selecting "link to existing". It can identify the supplier for a new purchase but not for an existing one? Maybe we won't bother with it after all.

Verdant
Experienced Cover User
123 Posts
Experienced Cover User

As a very small business owner of just myself and one other casual employee, I am often a little behind on my paperwork.  I also try to run a paperless office.  So it would be great if I could add a document to an existing order rather than having to turn that order into an invoice, before I pay it.  

Otherwise I find myself having to open the pdf document, enter the details from the invoice into the order, which means jumping from screens back and forth, and then having to go back into the In Tray to add documents, then add it to the invoice.  There is a bit of doubling up. All of which takes up precious time.  

On another note, it would also be great to link the document when you are actually in the order or invoice screen., 

Vikram-gbg
Experienced Partner
24 Posts
Experienced Partner

We should be able to attach a document to a Purchase order. 

MYOB Accountsright 

Butch_Dixon
Experienced User
58 Posts
Experienced User

Just wondering if there was any updates on this? We are trying to go paperless and it would be very handy when paying an order. 

ajay100
3 Posts
User

The workflow for matching a supplier invoice to an order is needlessly complex.  There should be an option to link when you select to use an existing order after selecting Create New Bill.

Ryan-C
Experienced Cover User
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@Projex wrote:

The In Tray appears as it develops will be a great asset and time saver. 

If you can link to an exisiting bill, You should be able to link to an existing order.

We eneter our orders (yellow) then send to our supplier. hen the invoice comes in we change to a bill (blue). This allows us to keep track of backorders etc.

If you could link to an existing order with your in tray invoice why could you not automatically change the order to a bill?. Basicall In tray only works for bills only. If this would change it would benefit a lot of businesses.

In tray is a great step forward.

"In Tray Concert Orders to Bills"

H MYOB - you did not listen to @Projex golden tip for your company. We know this is the reason - Projex is saying hey guys, do something about it.

PS to @Projex - this response means they are not interested in your suggestion as they feel it is plenty good enough already.

GCSadmin
4 Posts
User

Hi,

New user here.  Looks like the issue of linking the In Tray documents with orders has been brought up since 2015.  It's 2021 already and we still do not have this option.  A lot of users have pointed out that it it very time consuming to be creating bills first before you can link the invoice.

Any update on this feature?

Thank you.

ChrisAqua
Experienced User
21 Posts
Experienced User

Hi MYOB

I was wondering if you can Please allow us to attached documents and files to a Purchase or Sales Order NOT just a Bill or Invoice.

Then when you commit a order or a purchase to a Invoice or a Bill it carries over the same attachment.

This feature would be very helpful to us.

Thank-you Kindly