Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Integration: Zapier and AccountRight

Cover User

4Posts

100Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Come on MYOB, go and talk to Zapier and get integrated so you can give your customers the option to automatically sync and integrate with hundreds of other online services to help improve automated workflow in small business! Integrate everything so your customers can benefit. A lot quicker this way than fielding thousands of requests. I think your ROI would be sub a year and frustrated customers would start to disappear.

"Any plans to integrate Zapier and MYOB?"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: December 2014

Thanks for your suggestion. Anyone else who'd like to see Zapier integration, please cast your vote here.

27 Comments
Dean_Peart
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I definitely agree with the sentiment of johnhaney's original post. In our business, we use a wide range of different apps, and I notice that the MYOB forums are littered with comments asking "does MYOB integrate with X?". It is slightly disappointing that when I go looking for a way to integrate MYOB with, say, Stripe (or Woocommerce, or Paypal, or any number of very widely used services), that no option seems to exist, yet other platforms such as Xero usually do offer integation options.

In this circumstance, stuck between so many requests for integrations and the fact that programmers have to sleep eventually, compatibility with a service such as Zapier seems to be the only logical way forward. I currently use a service called OneSaas to integrate MYOB with my online store (the integrations that they do offer work well, but they don't integrate with all of my different apps), but Zapier offers many more integrations and would certainly be a preferred option for me. I certainly hope that anyone who stumbles across this gives it a thumbs up and comments, because this really needs to happen. My only concern is that whilst zapier does seem to be a solid option, it isn't the only such platform. Perhaps this thread should be re-titled to include other integration platforms (if possible).

cambrian
Experienced User
44 Posts
Experienced User

This would be a great start but talking to apps like Quotient and Trello directly would be even better.

Fretvision
1 Post
Cover User

It really needs to happen. Xero, Quickbooks, Freshbooks all intergrate. Come on MYOB, you're behind the times!

mgs
2 Posts
Cover User

Yes please

idealdrapemaker
2 Posts
Cover User

Yeah... I've been an MYOB user for years.  Since version 1 when the product was only single user. 

Today, a different business a different world.   We use zapier to integrate between all our line of business cloud apps. 

MYOB stands out as an island unto itself.   I'll wring anyone's neck who tells me to just do an import or export.  ... Misses the point entirely. 

We are seriously considering moving to xero simply because it integrates with zapier.  Xero is the prime contender.  Why? .. 'cause it is everwhere AND it has zapier integration. 

I'm an aussie and would prefer to support a home grown product.  ... but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to remain on my island when other packages can bridge to our other platforms via zapier. 

mgs
2 Posts
Cover User

@idealdrapemaker 

I've been having similar thoughts. And home grown might be a fluid concept

Benny158
Partner
2 Posts
Partner

PLEASE make this a focus, would love to have complete access through zapier

GlenR
Partner
1 Post
Partner

Integrations are a fundamental part of any web application. Particularly with e-commerce & accounting being so closely aligned, I'm surprised this hasn't been a high priority.

Any updates on if/when this might be put into place?

RebeccaHayes
4 Posts
Cover User

We are Gold Partners however finding the lack of integration with small business options (that don't cost an arm and a leg) very frustrating.  Which makes it difficult to recommend MYOB over other Online Accounting options.

SDSports
1 Post
Cover User

and essentials too please.