Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Journal Entry: Attach document

Cover User

4Posts

153Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
Cover User
Australia

can you please add the option to add an invoice when entering a journal entry. I just entered a journal entry for a large purchases which was financed but am unable to add the invoice so that the accountant can easily see and check

"Add invoice to journal entry"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: February 2019

Thank you for your idea. Our team has reviewed the idea and has ensured it meets our idea submission criteria. For more information on idea submission criteria, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

29 Comments
GirishA
Experienced User
21 Posts
Experienced User

You are right. Option to Attach Documents to Journals will add lot of value for the Users.

GirishA
Experienced User
21 Posts
Experienced User

True. Option to Attach Documents to Journal will add lot of value for the users.

For example, if we post journal for Depreciation, we can attach depreciation calculation statement.

If we post journal for Interest accrual, we can attach interest calculation statement.

If we post sales commission accrual journals, we can attach sales commission calc statement.

Similarly, we can attach supporting document for any journal posted.

HeatherBa
1 Post
User

Please advise if attachments to General Journals is a feature yet?

wenlow
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

This "idea" has been around on this thread since 2019.  I do not understand why this is taking so long. 

GirishA
Experienced User
21 Posts
Experienced User

Hi MYOB Team,

Journal Attachment require only simple document attachment as a supporting document for Journal Posted.

It does not require Document Reader to read document and create Journal entry. 

Only Document attachement option should not take years for an efficient IT team of MYOB.

Hope you will do needful ASAP.

P-M
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User

Can I please request an enhancement to enable attachments to journal entries?  I can see this was requested back in Nov 2020 but no progress has been made.  Attachments are available in others sections of MYOB however it is equally as important to enable this for journal entires too.

Thank you

Paula

AnnieRN
1 Post
User

This idea has been outstanding for four years.   It's a basic request and will make year end so much easier.   Please action it!

GirishA
Experienced User
21 Posts
Experienced User

Hi MYOB Team

With reference to my earlier requests to add "Document Attachment" option with Journal entries, I would like to add that we DO NOT require Document READER facility for Journal entries. We need simple document attachment option to save documents with Journals.

Hope your Team will do needful in this matter ASAP. This feature will ADD immense value to MYOB AR software.

Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi, Thanks for your suggestions. We're always interested to hear how we can improve your workflow.

Your ideas and feedback are greatly appreciated. We'll relay your idea/feedback to the relevant team.