Forum Discussion

Macgregor
Contributing User
3 years ago
Solved

Enter General Journal entry

I am trying to post a General Journal entry, but its reading only mode. Can't do a general journal entry How do I fixed this please.

Komal_S
    3 years ago

Hi Macgregor 

It appears that your user access for this window has been restricted. Please go to File>>Switch Company File user>>Use Administrator user id and password associated with that. Once that is done, try entering the journal again. 

If it does not work, you would need to check your access,  go to Setup>>User Access>>Select your User ID to determine your role(s). When that has been checked, you can go to the Manage Roles option (top left) to see if your role has been granted full access and not read-only access to that feature.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
      Komal_S
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Macgregor 

Are you able to access the other parts of the file without any issues?  If you're using AccountRight, can you check with the administrator if you have the required user access to be able to make changes to the journals? 

Macgregor
        Contributing User

Good Afternoon

Thanks for the email.I am the administrator & have access to everything. When I am going to record a general journal entry, the window appears as read only. I have attached a photo of it to you.The other parts of the file are ok. Only general journal is  the problem.
         I have to provide February financial reports to management by yesterday. Since yesterday I have been trying to contact myob to resolve this issue.

Macgregor
    Contributing User

Good Afternoon

Thanks for the email.I am the administrator & have access to everything. When I am going to record a general journal entry, the window appears as read only. I have attached a photo of it to you.The other parts of the file are ok. Only general journal is  the problem.
     I have to provide February financial reports to management by yesterday. Since yesterday I have been trying to contact myob to resolve this issue.