Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Lock period: Show lock period date on screen

Experienced Cover User

14Posts

54Kudos

2Solutions

14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

If the file is locked the locked before "date" should be displayed in the status bar.

We lock our file after we have completed the accounts each month.  Sometimes we have to adjust a detail or so after this but, due to human error, the file isn't always re-locked.

It would be great to be able to see that it is locked in the status bar at the bottom.

"if file is locked show the locked before date in status bar"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2013

Thank you for your suggestions mpdaccounts. This is something we would be happy to consider adding in a future version of AccountRight. It would be great to see some votes and comments from other users who would also like to see this added.

16 Comments
Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thank you for your suggestions mpdaccounts. This is something we would be happy to consider adding in a future version of AccountRight. It would be great to see some votes and comments from other users who would also like to see this added.
PHalls
Partner
254 Posts
Partner

Great idea. Frustrating to enter a whole transaction before you get the error message. You have my vote!!

B_Elite
Partner
12 Posts
Partner

Sounds like a great idea to me. I have done this multiple times so would be very helpful this have this feature.

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

This is the best idea.  If the same function for Reverse/Delete was displayed this would also save so much time.   Love your work mpdaccountsSmiley Happy

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

Agree.  I have voted for it.

interAccounts
Valued Partner
133 Posts
Valued Partner

I agree with BooksInTheCloud - it would be great to be able to see both the lock date and whether the reverse/delete function has been selected.

Having these centred on the bottom of the screen (in line with the 'Online/Checked out' button) would be the easiest place to see for those of us who have the software maximised on large monitors.

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

While we are on this subject.   Currently the administrator can lock down the file at a certain date disabling other users from reversing or deleting items prior to the period.   This is done in the preferences screen and where possible Administrators should not allow other users to have access to the preferences.   

However we have clients that sometimes need to delete transactions after the locked period.   In order to do this we have to give them full administrator access or log in and take the reverse tick off.   If we give users the rights to take the tick off,  there has been scenarios where they have unticked the lock down date and cause all sorts of problems..  Some or our bookkeeping clients are only fortnightly or monthly and we are not always available to log into their preferences on the spot.

At the moment we really have not option but to give them full access and hope for the bestSmiley Surprised

In some cases we prefer the user to delete the transactions rather than try and reverse as they seem to make quite a mess.  Particulary in the sales and purchase command centers. 

Could the solution be that the locked down date stays in the preferences (nothing can be reversed or deleted prior to the date) as it is now AND then have a separate preference in another menu where by a user can be given access to tick or untick reverse/delete for transactions after the locked date.

It is hard to explain in writing however I am interested in others feedback on this?

tjejojyj
Trusted Cover User
71 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Hi MYOB,

This idea 21 months old now.  How many votes does it need?

Thanks.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @tjejojyj

Thank you for enquiry in regards to this idea.

The development team do use the number of votes a particular idea has as a good indication of the portion of MYOB Community Forum users do like a particular idea. There is no set number of votes that the team do look for to implement an idea ahead of others. 

Currently this idea has been marked as Under Consideration. At this time we are still encouraging clients to vote and comment if required for this idea

tjejojyj
Trusted Cover User
71 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your reply but I  must confess my disappointment that MYOB can't implement this upgrade on an enlightened basis on behalf of your user base as it would be useful while not requiring not extra training or documentation.

Providing information in the status bar about the file such as "Not locked"  or "Locked to 31/07/2015" would also encourage good accounting practices among your users.   I might understand that you don't want to clutter the status bar with all sorts of information but this is crucial flag.  The possibility of people finding this thread in your community is probably low because most users don't even consider it possible and are stuck using the "work around" of going to Setup -> Preferences -> Security.

I again ask that urgent consideration is given to this simple feature as I'm sure transactions accidentally made in what was thought to be a locked period have cause much pain and anguish for MYOB users and their accountants.

Regards,

Tim