Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Online Emailing: Reply-to Email Address per user

Cover User

6Posts

27Kudos

0Solutions

6 Posts
Cover User
Australia
New
New

I would like to see emailing directly from MYOB to be specific to a users login.

At the moment you can only have one "from" name and one reply-to email address.

I would like to email from my own name and have my email address as the reply-to; and my boss would like emails he sends to come from his name with his email as the reply-to.

Until this is implemented we can't use this feature, but we would like to for the convenience. Please consider Smiley Happy

13 Comments
Wynn
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

In your email program, if you choose to "Work Offline", you can edit the email before it leaves your email account. i.e. you can add in your signature to show it comes from you etc. etc.

Just look in the "sent" or "being sent" folder for the email and edit it.

Then to send the email, click "Work Offline" to 'de-select' it and go online and then press the "Send/Receive" icon (this is in Microsoft Outlook - it will be similar in other email programs) to send the emails out.

It's not perfect, but it works.

Wynn.

MYOB user for over 16 years

and still love it 'cos it works!

Andrea2209
6 Posts
Cover User

Hi Wynn,

Thanks but  think you missed my point. I am talking about the email directly out of MYOB in the preferences area. So it just auto sends with a link to the invoice/quote whatever, but you select who the email is to come from and what the "reply to" address is, and you can only have one per file. So if i set it to be me, then my boss goes to send something the customer thinks I sent the email and they will reply to me.

Wynn
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Andrea,

I got the point but what I'm saying is you can edit or re-edit the email from your email program (not from MYOB) so that the customer will see it comes from you.

Your boss would have to edit the email he sends, editing it in the email program (not in MYOB) so that the customer will see it actually came from him. This is regardless of what the MYOB settings are.

So to sum up, you edit the email BEFORE it goes out of your email program. You can do this with "Microsoft Outlook", but NOT with "Outlook Express" even though it's a microsoft product too.

Which email program do you use?

Wynn
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Unless the process has changed in the Online MYOB version. I'm not using the Online version at the moment. Just the desktop version. But I'm sure if you went 'offline' and sent the emails it would work the same. You'd be able to edit them in "Microsoft Outlook" if it's also 'offline' and add in a different signature and show who it came from.

Lyndon
1 Post
Cover User

Myob has the capabilites to have more than one employee login but when sending in emails through Myob itself it only allows you to have one email. For the customers to respond to so if you have two sales people quoting customers they can not get the responses back to them directly it has to go through one centralised email which is really messy and defeats the purpose of having dual logins. We pay lots to have more logins yet we cant seperate them to actually work for more than one email this situation makes no sense!!!

Shandy0305
3 Posts
Cover User

I want it too. When different people send the remittance it should have their own email as the reply-to email.

I wish such basic feature can be implemented asap like Xero and others.

albanyair
Contributing Cover User
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Add ability to choose more than one email address in the "Reply to Email Address" under emailing preferences for the online version of AccountRight as when other staff get responses to their orders or sales, they come to the one address and have to be forwarded to the correct staff member.

Perhaps you could add individual user preferences instead for this feature. 

Vikram-gbg
Experienced Partner
24 Posts
Experienced Partner

There are many customers not using the new MYOB features like online payments, invoice reminders and portal for customer to view their invoices because these features are only available when the emails sent via MYOB. However, if the emails are sent through MYOB, the reply comes to one email. Reply to one email creates unnecessary work and confusion for users.

MYOB must look into developing this feature urgently.

Wynn
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

In the body of the email sent from myob you could type in "please reply to (type email address)" and hope they read it and don't just hit "reply".

Wynn
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Well, I guess one work-around is, BEFORE emailing, got to "Setup", then "Preferences", then "Emailing" before sending an email and change the "reply to email address" to the address you want.

Just saying.