Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payment Summaries: Email

Former Staff

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Former Staff
Australia

Hi

It would be a good idea to email payment summaries to the employees from MYOB like the payslips rather than doing it manually

"emailing payment summaries"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: May 2016

Hi everyone, 

We are excited to announce that this popular idea has been implemented in AccountRight 2016.2! You can now email original and amended payment summaries to your employees using AccountRight online email feature, or Microsoft Outlook. For more information on v2016.2, please check out this blog: AccountRight 2016.2 now available

Thank you all again for your votes and suggestions on this idea. 

76 Comments
HeatherDBS
Experienced Cover User
126 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Under consideration for over two years... especially since most people don't need to send a paper copy with a paper tax return, but that's all e-tax and pre-filling, if you can't implement it for the users, maybe it could be implemented to help save the environmen.t   Smiley Wink

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @HeatherDBS

Thank you for your feedback and voting for this idea. 

This idea is certainly one of the most popular ideas on the AccountRight Idea Exchange and is something that the team are looking ways in which it can be implemented into the software. At this point in time we don't have a direct time frame for when this idea will be marked for development and added to the program. However we certainly can see the benefit of it for users.

Beach_Jo
4 Posts
Cover User

Hi Steven,

Might I suggest that if you're just going to acknowledge that you can see the benefit but have no idea of timeframe, that perhaps this may create more angst than saying nothing at all. Personally, I find your response extremely frustrating. This thread has had loads of comments and votes, and yet MYOB still say, "We don't have a direct time frame" - I interpret this as "We won't have this resolved by the end of the current financial year as we aren't allocating resources to it". Could you perhaps respond when you do have something positive to report rather than just acknowledging the outstanding problem? Personally, given all of the feedback from the MYOB staff on this, I feel no confidence in you implementing this even though it must be something that is required by countless businesses using MYOB. I have over 120 staff and it's a complete time waster to have to attach every payment summary separately in an individual mail. I am not looking forward to the end of the financial year and will be actively seeking alternative software solutions.

Regards,

Jo

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Beach_Jo,

Thank you for your feedback.

This idea is definitely one of the most popular AccountRight ideas, and it is currently on our developers' consideration list for the next compliance release. There are a few different approach available to add this feature, our developers do need to assess them all and determine the workload involved. As this is still in the early planning stage and things can subject to change, I'm afraid we don't have a definite time frame available at the moment. 

When we have more details, we will update the status here accordingly. 

Rachel_K
1 Post
Cover User

I would like to see this option implemented, as manually emailing the PAYG Summaries is a big task when you have lots of employees.  This option shouldnt be up for a vote, it should just be a normal function in the software. If privacy is an issue, possiblly implement a password protection feature. Making the password the employee's D.O.B for eg.

Cocos
Partner
1 Post
Partner

I see going back to 2012 there are requests for the email functionality to be available for Group certificates.

Please lend your support to this idea - it will make year end much easier .

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @cromangon

Thank you for your idea. I've merged it with this one already included on the AccountRight Idea Exchange.

Jace_IT_Figures
Valued Partner
132 Posts
Valued Partner

I think this idea (most requested on the AR Idea exchange) needs to be coupled with idea number 6 on the AR Idea exchange in that you should not only be able to email PAYG Payment Summaries from the Software but you should be able to lodge the corresponding Payment Summary Annual Report with the ATO through the software.

Both are long-standing well supported ideas but are both sitting in consideration. Would love to see some movement on this.

I appreciate the development team assessing options of how to implement this may be necessary but I believe a lot of clients would rather just have SOMETHING implemented rather than to continue to manually process before the end of the 2016 financial year.

RokkEbony
2 Posts
Cover User

Emailing payment summaries

Will we be able to email payment summaries this financial year?

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi everyone,

I'm delighted to say that at the end of this payroll year, you'd be able to email Payment Summaries to your employees, using AccountRight 2016!

We're sorry it took us this long to bring this function into the program. Thank you once again to all who voted and commented on the idea.