Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Remittance Advice: Default settings

A-E
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

140Kudos

1Solutions

25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Is it possible to have an option in MYOB where we can tick a default setting to always email remittance advices rather than changing it every time we entered the "Pay Bills screen." ?

At the moment it always reverts back to "Remittance advice delivery status: to be printed" when you close out of the screen.

Thank you

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: October 2015

Default settings for remittances advices has certainly been a popular suggestion. So, we're very pleased to announce that we've implemented this in version 2015.4. You can find more information on this, and on the other nifty improvements that have been made in version 2015.4 via our AccountRight Blog.

75 Comments
JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Maljan 

Thanks for your feedback. I was sorry to read of your frustration and will ensure your comments are passed onto our product management team. Our development team is constantly working on further improvements to the software and prioritise their work according to the impact on clients and the number of clients affected.

Jason Hill
Community Manager

BrightonRSL
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User

I have just been upgraded from MYOB v18 to AccountRight2014.1......Why is the default setting on sending Remittance Advices set on Print - surely in this day and age it would be set as default to email?

I phoned support but they said it couldn't be changed and when manually changed to email would only hold the information until you log out which means I have to select email on every creditor every time a make a payment.

VERY FRUSTRATING!!

If someone has found an answer to this could they please let me know.

BLSRSL

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Nobody prints remittances anymore we use email - we need default set to be emailed?

Having to remember to change the delivery status from printing to email is frustrating. Suggest this could be in the card file for suppliers (same sort of option you have currently for printing invoice settings in the card).

Further to this if a user forgets to manually change the remittance advice and creates an electronic payment you cant go back and change the status as it is grey out. You have to delete the electronic payment to edit the status, send the email and then re-create the electronic file again Smiley Sad 

One of our clients had this problem and it took time  to troubleshoot why this was happening and 3 hours to go back and fix up to email them.

Very time consuming and major issue for larger companies using the remittance function. 

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff
Thanks for the great suggestion. This idea has been raised previously. If you would like to be able to have remittance advices default to be being emailed, I recommend that you vote for this suggestion here: http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/Remittance-Advices-default-settings/idi-p/21...
faye
Partner
10 Posts
Partner

This has been an issue for over a year now, is it going to be fixed??

We still cannot make changes to remittance delivery after electronic payment has been made,

Even using advanced filters won't let you bring up a full list of bill payments made on a particular day.

Still no place on supplier card to set a default.

Aaronp
Trusted Partner
96 Posts
Trusted Partner

Six months and a new version since the original idea and still no action?

Is it really worth anyones time reporting and voting on ideas?

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Aaronp 

Unfortunately our development team can't always implement every idea as quickly as we would all like, but we certainly appreciate the feedback as it helps our team prioritise their work. You can see our Implemented ideas here.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

Aaronp
Trusted Partner
96 Posts
Trusted Partner

These aren't small issues, and they have been changed or inadvertantly overlooked as it wasn't like this in V19...

I am on the phone waiting for support AGAIN today with enough SIGNIFICANT issues that mean we will be rolling back to V19 and cancelling our subscription and demanding a refund of all monies paid.

This piece of JUNK (AccountRight Premier 2014.2) is buggy, slow and a GIANT LEAP BACKWARDS from V19 in practice.

In theory, it was 10 years overdue and is still 2 years behind where it should be in this day and age, but you have missed the mark when it comes to the functionality of the product and in business, THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING!

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

I'm sorry you feel that way Aaron. We have arranged for one of our team leaders to call you to discuss.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

PowerC
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I would suggest that rather than having the remittances default to either "Print" or "Email" that you have a choice on the card file in the same way that we can choose the way an employee receives their payslips