Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: In Tray - attach documents

PET
Cover User

1Posts

502Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

I have seen the in tray for purchases and ask if there are any plans to add an in tray to the sales invoice side. It would be very helpful to us as a solar installation company to store all compliance and design pdfs with the installation sale record, so that over time we when we re-visit the sale record we can find all of that in one place. 

'In tray for Sales?"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: March 2015

Hi @PET 

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and sale transactions.

Currently the In Tray can be used for purchases only. I would encourage other users that would like to see the ability to upload documents to be read for Sale transactions/an "Out Tray" to vote and comment if required.

285 Comments
HayleyBrett
Contributing Cover User
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I have been asking for this for years! I just received another notice of a price increase, but it seems MYOB does not want to listen and doesn't value customer feedback and requests.

DanielleGW
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User

We would use a Sales In tray to attach scanned quote workings, floorplans, etc to the specific sale, instead of keeping paper copies on file forever.

Yes, you can save to the customer card, but when you do multiple transactions each month with the same customer, it makes much more sense to connect to the sale transaction.

ndx
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes, a sales in tray/out tray - we use custom made designs based on drawings and measurements, I would love to be able to scan them in!

eftl
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I totally support the idea that sales invoices often have supporting documents and it makes sense to store them with the MYOB sales transaction they pertain to.

Jennyaus
7 Posts
Cover User

Would be great to attached customers purchased orders or other relevant documents for their sale, rather than having to go back through emails.

Should be available withing both online & desktop versions.

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
2,869 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Jennyaus 

Thank your for your post. As of the moment we can only work with in Tray attaching documents if you're file is online and it cannot be done on sales, it is how our system currently works. However, you can attach some documents using the attachment button inside in tray or directly attaching documents when you create purchases. More information about this can be found on our Help article, Working with in Tray documents.

Nevertheless, thank you for your feedback and rest assured that we will pass this through the required team to see if this feature can be added. Additionally, you are welcome to submit ideas on the AccountRight Idea Exchange for consideration by the development team.

Please feel free to post again I'll be happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information

Cheers,

Princess

DanielleGW
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User

Princess,

Thanks, you have just told us all what we already know.

Users have been asking for this solution for 8 years and no decent response from MYOB.

We had to put up with that stupid Outlook pop up that no one asked for, but something that has numerous requests and would be a valuable resource is ignored.

chrissya
9 Posts
Cover User

Princess,

Agree with @DanielleGW . Thanks for nothing.  Am losing clients over this as they are moving to Xero.

STOP IGNORING US MYOB.

Suzi_Byrom
Contributing Cover User
50 Posts
Contributing Cover User

@Princess_R "Nevertheless, thank you for your feedback and rest assured that we will pass this through the required team to see if this feature can be added. Additionally, you are welcome to submit ideas on the AccountRight Idea Exchange for consideration by the development team".
Seriously??? What is the point, it's been 8 years for this one alone and there are literally thousands of others?
Farm45
1 Post
User

As an agricultural business 90% of our income comes from businesses who provide us with RCTI rather than us invoicing them (grain sales, wool sales, livestock sales).  

The ability to attach copies of RCTI to sales / income transactions would be incredibly handy.

For the remainder of our sales, it would be handy to attach our own supporting documents (eg weighbridge dockets, livestock vendor statements etc) to the invoice we create.

It seems this has been requested for 8 years now with plenty of customer support but no action from MYOB.  Shame, as it seems many business have a use for this functionality.