Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Show Super Processing Date

Experienced Cover User

47Posts

94Kudos

1Solutions

47 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
New
New

The penalties are increasing for late super and the deadline is not the date the money has left the bank it is the date it is received and processed by the Super fund.  The date listed in the Manage Payments window indicates the date it was created, not the date approved or the date completed.  The date completed is the most critical date. 

Can MYOB please show the actual DATE of completion for super as that seems to be the only thing that really matters from a compliance perspective.  To provide more detail, I'd suggest 2 more date columns in the Manage Payments window, Date created (current date field), date approved/authorised and date completed.  This gives total transparency to the business owner and the Consultant's/Bookkeepers/ BAS Agents and Tax Agents.  I think that this is critical information that the Business owner currently has absolutely no way of gaining.

5 Comments
Christine_Fyfe
Experienced Partner
12 Posts
Experienced Partner

Very overdue 

kerrie_smith
Partner
125 Posts
Partner
Excellent suggestion Tanya
KnobelTam
Contributing Partner
11 Posts
Contributing Partner

This is important with compliance becoming tighter and tighter.

KerryDe
Experienced User
24 Posts
Experienced User

Absolutely agree !!  All about compliance.

WendyE
Experienced Cover User
54 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Why is MYOB not repsonding to this request?   I have always been told that Super payments need to be authorised by the 20th of each quarter to ensure receipt to the employees Super fund by the 28th - as per SG payment dates.  We always pay on the 20th, yet in my personal super, it does not show on my statement until a few days into the next month.  My Super fund claims they processed it the day the received it!  Who is holding on this money for 7-14 days?  Why?