Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Single touch payroll inclusion

Ultimate Partner

1,690Posts

563Kudos

128Solutions

1,690 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia

I have recently read in a tax newsletter, that the government will be simplifying tax and super reporting from 1 July 2016, by introducing Single Touch Payroll. Under this system, an employer's accounting software will automatically report payroll information to the ATP, when employees are paid.

This will eliminate the need to report PAYG Withholding on BAS and the need to issue annual Payment Summaries.

Would like to know whether the Development Team are planning software updates and client training, to meet this change.

Would also like to know the views of other CCs

Kym Yeoward

Darwin

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2020

Hi Everyone

AccountRight 2018.2 and onwards included the ability to report your pays through to the ATO through Payroll Reporting/Single Touch Payroll (STP) guidelines. Check out Single Touch Payroll to get started.

12 Comments
PI
3 Posts
Cover User

Please let me know when the compliance update for single touch payroll as per ATO requirement from 1 July 2018  will be available for Acountright v19.14 Plus. I am a PC based user.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

AccountRight 2018.2 and onwards included the ability to report your pays through to the ATO through Payroll Reporting/Single Touch Payroll (STP) guidelines. Check out Single Touch Payroll to get started.