Closing a payroll Year

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LornaC2019
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

22Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Closing a payroll Year

Good Morning ,

We are about to process our first payroll for FY 22. I read that the payroll year will be automatically uploaded without us doing anything our end. When i try to retrive a entitlement balance report the new FY 21/22 does not reflect at all ... Will the entitlemnts etc.. be rolled over to the new FY ? 

Will i be able to process the new FY pay if the new payroll year does not reflect?

Thanks for your help !

Lorna

7 REPLIES 7
MarkOBrien
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Closing a payroll Year

Same problem here and when I try to extract entitlements balance it only offers me payroll year 2020 or 2021.
But aren't we now in payroll year 2022??

MYOB site syas everywhere that you do not have to roll over to a new payroll year as before, and it's auomatic. But clearly lots of glitches judging by the threads on this support site

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

HI @LornaC2019 and @MarkOBrien 

Thanks for your post. Firstly I just want to clarify that there are two different "years" and so two different processes.

1. The "payroll year" - this is automatically rolled over in the latest versions of AccountRight. This means that you can process pays in the new payroll year and process adjustments/finalise STP in the previous year at the same time. The software will automatically select the correct financial year and tax table according to the payment date entered when processing the payrun.
  2. The "financial year' - this needs to closed by the user but is not typically done until the accountant has provided EOY adjustment journals and lodged the tax returns.  You can check the financial year in Setup>>Company Information>>Current financial year.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

LornaC2019
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

22Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Thank You for all your information. I am a bit perplexed as  we closed off the FY 2019/2020 year previously .

I had a look at our company information and it notes the current financial year as "2021" . We are still busy closing the books so cannot close FY 20/21 as yet ... Can we only access the entitlemnts report once we close the year in MYOB ?

If we are only ready to close the books after the next payroll ( in the next fortnight ) how are we to access the reports( entitlements) for next FY22?

Thanks 

lorna

Lorna

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @LornaC2019 

My apologies, I gave you the wrong information on the payroll reports. You should be able to run those reports for the current payroll year regardless of the financial year. I do get the correct year options when running the entitlement reports in my software:

year.PNG

Can I get you to check the version of AccountRight you are using, you can find this is Help>>About MYOB AccountRight? 

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

LornaC2019
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

22Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Version : AccountRight Plus AU 2021.3.0

Thanks 

Lorna

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

@LornaC2019 

Thanks for that information Lorna. If you haven't processed a pay for this payroll year the FY 2022 option won't be available. Once you've processed a pay you should be able to run those reports. Please do let me know if you have further problems.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

LornaC2019
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

22Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Thanks , i processed our fisrt pay for FY 22 and it worked perfectly.  We can now see the rollover of FY 2021-2022 in our payroll reports.

Thanks so much for you help!

Lorna

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post