Entitlement Balance Rollover to new pay year 2020/2021

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
menuman
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Entitlement Balance Rollover to new pay year 2020/2021

You are just not hearing us!!

There is a problem with MYOB - for whatever reason, after 20+ years of using MYOB, this year it decided to uncheck the box for rollover to next financial year - only the sick leave in my particular case.

I've managed to sort my own business - no thanks to MYOB.  Being on hold for 2+ hours and being told that there is no issue when clearly there is is super frustrating.

I'm not the only one that has had this problem - read the forum.  Then tell me that there is no issue with MYOB!!

menuman
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Look for my post - I've detailed how you go about (not fixing it) but getting around it!

MYOB has no idea!  They don't believe there is an issue!

LeopardMum
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @menuman 

did exactly this but the new sick leave category will not automatically add the accrued hours each payrun. So bloody frustrating!!!!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @LeopardMum 

We've happy to assist if you are finding an entitlement category not accrue when you think it should. Getting a screenshot of the Entitlement Information window and one of the pay where the values not accruing would be ideal for that investigation.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

LeopardMum
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

Here is a screenshot of the set up (80 hours per year) , standard pay on employe card showing "calculated" and actual pay transaction where it doesnt accrue. 

Thanks for having a look 

😊

Personal leave set up sceen shot.png
Standard pay screen shot.png
pay transaction missing accrual screen shot.png
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @LeopardMum 

When you have the calculation basis set to be Equals x amount of hours per year the system will take a look at the payroll year for that employee to see if they have reached that amount. 

For your situation, I would assume the employee has reached that 80 hours of entitlement (typically through an adjustment of bringing leave entitlements across from a previous category). You can see this is the case through the Payroll Details>> Pay History - Show Pay History for Year-to-date section on the employee's card. As they would have reached that amount of accrual for the year, there would be no entitlement to accrue until the (payroll) year has been reached.

To resolve that situation and have that entitlement accruing for the year going forward, you ideally want to set the calculation basis set to be Equals x hours per month or pay. This way the system is not looking at the whole year, which would include those adjustments, but only looking at the months or pay period. As you wouldn't have reached that limit you'll have those hours to accrue.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

LeopardMum
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Hmm so fixing the problem of the old category not carrying over to this year I had to bring over the 'lost' entitlements, which then filled up the year's entitlement. Well at least we've found the issue

thanks

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post