Entitlement Balance Rollover to new pay year 2020/2021

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
DebraPower
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Entitlement Balance Rollover to new pay year 2020/2021

Finally got through after 2hours 55 minutes.  MYOB are aware of the issue.  It's a glitch . . . they don't know when it will be fixed.  I was left with a case number and told an email will come through once it's sorted.

MYOB need to make people aware of this GLITCH.  So many people wasting their time on the phone to get no where.

User25
Experienced User
28 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

28Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Same with us and I am now feeling so frustrated as MYOB is unable to figure out the real problem and coming up with solutions which we have already tried and not working.

Let me know if you got one, as I am still waiting to get the most accurate and accepted solution.

Hinterland
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi all,

So, this is a bit long-winded but I had to do something so I could get payroll processed.  I have had to process 2 x payroll runs to fix the issue and now I can print a 2020/2021 Entitlement Balance report before I process the actual payroll for the fortnight.

1ST PAY RUN - for each employee, process a zero payroll BUT add 1 hour to each of the leave entitlements (essentially giving each employee 1 hour of leave accrual for each type of leave).  Record the pay run.

2ND PAY RUN - for each employee, process a zero payroll BUT put a -1 for each of the leave entitlements (essentially reversing the 1 hour of leave accrual for each type of leave that you processed in the 1st pay run.  Record the pay run.

Now I have access to a 2020/2021 leave report as per attached.

This is very long winded, and with 70 employees took some time, but now I can run a leave report and when I process the actual payroll, the leave balances on payslips will be correct.  I know someone previously suggested only doing this for one or two employees, however the problem with this is when you print their payslip, if they haven't accrued or taken a particular type of leave (time in lieu for example), the balance will not show on thier payslip until they do use it.  I do not want all of our employees at my office door tomorrow morning questioning their payslips.  

Sooooo frustrating!!!!  Would be good if MYOB could fix this as we don't want to be having to do this each year!  Lucky I only have 70 employees!

2020_2021 leave report.JPG
ASparks
Trusted Cover User
73 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

73Posts

1Kudos

3Solutions

@Hinterlandthis does sound long winded - and frustrating.

I also have employees that accrue leave.  I didn't have a problem processing the first pay run.  All employees accrued the correct leave and the balance was carried over from the previous year.  It makes me wonder if it has something to do with how the employee cards are set up.  

I did get an email from MYOB warning of a glitch.  More can be found here - perhaps it will help some

https://community.myob.com/t5/EOFY-2020/EOFY-Resources-2020-AccountRight-AccountEdge-and-Essentials/...

I hate this time of year - nothing ever goes smoothly does it?

menuman
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Did you figure out the problem?

I've been using payroll for 20+ years with both sick and holiday leave accruing.  This financial year it has unticked the sick leave roll over and i can't retick it!

It has left the holiday one alone.

Viki118
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I didn't recevied any feedbacks from MYOB.

I just re-create new entitlment categories and re-enter the figures unused in Carry-Over.  Also remember to TICk roll over the balance to following FY when creating the new one.

Thanks

LeopardMum
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

I've set up a new personal leave category, set up as is was previously thinking I could just put the "lost" hours in as an adjustment but It's still not working Smiley Sad 

I'm thinking zero pay run to adjust hours only is my last resort (or moving to Xero lol)

LeopardMum
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

That's what I tried @Viki118 , but it won't let the carry-over be entered

Viki118
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Yes.. It didn't work for me as well. when i put figures on carry over, it will be automatically balance adjustment to be ZERo.

after that, i just make ZERO payroll with lost annual leave and sick leave hours figures entered. it works for me. 

LeopardMum
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks @Viki118 , going to try the zero pay to adjust. Glad it worked for you Smiley Happy

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post