Forum Discussion

Liv3
Experienced User
2 years ago

Adjusting far right column in forms

Hi All,

Having an issue with adjusting the far right column in forms for invoices.  I have following the below instructions as per MYOB:- 

Need to adjust the far-right column width?

Narrow another column until you can see the edge of the right-hand column. Ensure that the Edit Table option is deselected (Customise tab > Table Layout > deselect Edit Table). Then adjust the right-hand column width and tidy up the other column widths as required.

However this does not work.  i can adjust another column so i can see the edge of the right column however the double arrow will not come up on the far right column to adjust it (& yes edit table option is off)

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Liv3 

Thank you for your post, I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum, I hope you find it a valuable resource.

To update the column width for the table on a customized form:

• Open the Customize form i.e. Setup>>Customize forms>>Navigate the required form and select Customize
    • Select the table
    • Hover the cursor between the column headers that you want to adjust. It should change to a double-headed arrow
    • drag to the desired size. 

If you need to adjust the far-right column width. You can Narrow another column until you see the edge of the right-hand column. Ensure that the Edit Table option is deselected (customize tab>>Table Layout>>deselected Edit Table). Then adjust the right-hand column widths and tidy up the other column as required. 

Our Help Articles: add tables to forms to change column width in a table has a working example of the process. 

Let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to assist you.

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best Regards, 

Cel

Liv3
      Experienced User

Hi,

This doesnt work.  Double sided arrow does not come up for far right column (& yes I have adjusted another column so I can see the far right of the right column).  I can adjust every other column but the far right column

Mike_James
        Ultimate Partner

Hi Liv3 , try this sequence, I've opened a sample item invoice layout (plain paper, last column is tax code):

Select each column by clicking in the header, where you'll see a 4-way arrow.

1. Move (click/drag) column 8 (Code) to column 7 (so that the Extended column is now last)

2. Reduce the width of the Description field (or any other field/s that suit)

3. Increase the width of the Code field by the same amount

4. Move the Extended field to the left of the Code field, so the Code field is now the last again.

Then save the form.

If you cannot see column headers in grey, right click the table and select Show Column Headers.