Forum Discussion

Annur
User
2 years ago

Entering Purchases for invoice date is closed to current period

Hi, 

I have an invoice from supplier dated on 31/07/22, however that invoice was sent to us at the beginning of Sept (said 9/9/22). July period is closed and I need to enter it for Sep. Can anyone suggest me on how to do it? I need the record date in MYOB is on September but the invoice date is on July-22.

I usually enter purchases using "in trays" but it wont let me to enter on Sep-22 because the invoice date is on Jul-22.

Look forward your suggestion on how to do this soon.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Annur 

Thanks for your post. If the July period is locked you can unlock it Setup>>Preferences>>Security>>untick Lock Period. You will then be able to record the invoice with the July invoice date. This Help Article has more information: Lock a period

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Annur
      User

HI,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, posting or addding something that has been reviewed and finalised is not a good idea. So, I prefer to put the previous invoice date in the current month instead of unlocking previous period. 

Come back to my original question, on how to separate invoice date and record date in MYOB AR?

Regards,

Annur 

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Annur 

It's not possible to enter two different dates for transactions. If you want to record that invoice in the current month you will need to enter a September date in the Date field.

The Transaction date is the date entered in the Date field when recording the transaction and determines the reporting period for the transaction. The recorded (Session) date is the system date when the transaction was recorded, this can't be changed for security and audit purposes. You can view these dates for transactions in Reports>>Accounts>>Security and Audit>>Journal Security Audit report.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.