Forum Discussion

3 months ago
Solved

Integration with Outlook Failing - System.InvalidCastException

Please help. When I go to send POs out of Myob, it crashes and cannot send an email so I have to download and attached to an email.

Error code:

System.InvalidCastException 

Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.ApplicationClass' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook._Application'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00063001-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: Interface not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040155).

• Hi PurchasingBuch

Welcome to our Community Forum and thank you for your post. I regret the delay in our response.

I understand you're having some trouble with sending emails via Outlook. From the diagnostic log you've shared, it appears the issue stems from a missing DLL file or Registry key on your computer. A potential solution could be to download the Quick Repair Office tool from the Microsoft website. This should help rectify the DLL files for your Outlook.

However, if the problem persists, it might be necessary to engage an IT professional who can manually re-register the Outlook DLL files and check or fix the Registry keys. You can share this link with them for additional guidance.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need more help.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
    Genreve

1 Reply

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi PurchasingBuch

Welcome to our Community Forum and thank you for your post. I regret the delay in our response.

I understand you're having some trouble with sending emails via Outlook. From the diagnostic log you've shared, it appears the issue stems from a missing DLL file or Registry key on your computer. A potential solution could be to download the Quick Repair Office tool from the Microsoft website. This should help rectify the DLL files for your Outlook.

However, if the problem persists, it might be necessary to engage an IT professional who can manually re-register the Outlook DLL files and check or fix the Registry keys. You can share this link with them for additional guidance.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need more help.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
    Genreve