Supplier bill with a contra transaction line not on GST Detail (cash) report

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
HarryWL
Experienced Partner
19 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

19Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Supplier bill with a contra transaction line not on GST Detail (cash) report

When processing a supplier bill and then offset the bill to a contra account with a credit note, it will show up on the GST Detail (cash basis) report.

However, if instead you add an additional transaction line to the supplier bill - allocating the additional line to the contra account, thus bringing the bill to zero, it does not show on the GST detail report (cash basis).

The net effect is the same.  The issue is that the GST Detail report (cash basis) will not pick this up.

Logic would dictate that when a bill is offset to a contra account, it is in effect "paid" and therefore should be included in the GST Detail report (cash basis).  It will appear on a GST Detail (accrual basis) report but that does not apply to a cash basis business.

Can this be rectified in future releases?

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Supplier bill with a contra transaction line not on GST Detail (cash) report

Hi @HarryWL 

Cash reporting in AccountRight is designed to pick up key transaction types within the company file. For example, Spend Money, Pay Bills, Settle Returns and Debits...

Adding a line to an existing bill will not be treated as a cash style transaction, as there is no payment style transaction, thus will not appear on a Cash reporting. If you are needing to close a transaction a payment transaction will need to occur so it does appear on that report.

To my knowledge, the reporting of cash-based transactions to extend to additional lines added to a Purchase or Invoice to close the transaction off is not an area of the program we are looking at for the immediate future.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

HarryWL
Experienced Partner
19 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

19Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Supplier bill with a contra transaction line not on GST Detail (cash) report

Hi @Steven_M 

I understand the logic that it is not a payment style transaction.  However, businesses who are on a an accrual basis will see such transactions  on the GST Detail (accrual) report.  So in that case, the system recognises that it is a payment type transaction.  Logic would dictate that the same applies to businesses on a cash basis.  So, there is in-consistency here.

I raised this issue because of what I have discovered. I will process future transactions via a credit note applied to the bill.  The process takes a little longer but at least this does show on the GST Detail (cash) report.

Understood that this is not high priority but it would be nice to have this considered in a later release.

Kind regards,

Harry

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post