Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

Unable to Apply Debit to Open Purchase Invoices

Hi 

I am unable to apply debits to open purchases although earlier I was able to do so.

But now whenever I click on "Apply to Purchases" under "Returns & Debits" in "Purchase Register", non of the Open Invoices are shown in the "Settle Returs & Debits" window. 

Non of the Open Invoices are available

However, if I click on "Include Closed Invoices", it shows me list of closed invoices but non of the Open Invoices are being reflected even though there are Open Invoices to pay.

Further, I even tried to settle the debits by making payment for the Open Invoices as it show a warning message to apply debits before proceeding to pay but when I click on the "Apply Debits" button it shows me the error message "Unable to automatically apply the debit memo(s) to the open bill(s). Please use the Purchase Register to settle your oustanding debot memo(s)."

Error Message on Applying debits while making payment

I am not sure if some setting have been changed.

Can somebody help me out here?

CloverQ
    2 years ago

Hi HampDent44 

Thank you for the update and screenshots. 

I'd like to clarify that the Category I was referring to is the Category field within the bill window (shown below), if a category was entered, then only debit memos with the same category assigned can be applied to that bill. Could you please click into the open bills and the debit memo transactions to view if any categories were used?

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CloverQ
    Former Staff

Hi HampDent44 

Thank you for providing the screenshots.

Typically there are 3 reasons why there are no open bills showing:

- There are no open bills for this supplier

- There are two or more suppliers with similar/same names

- There are different Category assigned to the bills and the debit memos

Therefore, could you please do check if there are still any open bills available, the correct supplier name is selected in the bill and debit memo, and if any categories are selected in the bills (bottom right corner). 

Please feel free to let us know how you go, or if you have any further questions.

HampDent44
      User

Hi Clover,

Thanks for your reply.

Please find below my reply on your queries:

QUERIESREMARKS
      - There are no open bills for this supplier There are Open Bills availble in the system (refer attached Open Bill & Return and Debits screenshots)
      - There are two or more suppliers with similar/same namesAll the details belong to the same vendor and there is no other vendor with the same name.
      - There are different Category assigned to the bills and the debit memosBoth bills and debit memos are coming under their respective heads of "Open Bills" & "Returns & Debits" under the Puchase Register.

Open Bills

Debit Memos

But when I am clicking on "Apply to Purchase", the following screen is displayed with no Open Bills details:

No Open Bills displayed for settlement

However, if I click on Include Closed purchases, some closed bills are displayed:

Closed bills are displayed but no open bill is displayed

Please help me to resolve this issue.

CloverQ
        Former Staff

Hi HampDent44 

Thank you for the update and screenshots. 

I'd like to clarify that the Category I was referring to is the Category field within the bill window (shown below), if a category was entered, then only debit memos with the same category assigned can be applied to that bill. Could you please click into the open bills and the debit memo transactions to view if any categories were used?