Forum Discussion

FMC2291
Experienced User
4 years ago
Solved

negative inventory balance

A number of items that I had used in assembly builds were showing zero quantity but a negative balance in the inventory valuation report. I tried to fix these by editing the builds, however have now got to a state where one item in particular that is used to build the other items, has an opening balance of -$31M and I can find no way to fix it I have tried deleting builds, purchases etc to redo them but cant get anywhere due to this negative value.

The issue only seems to apply to the inventory subledger - the GL is correct, but I have a variance in the Inventory Value Rec report of the $31M.

I am hoping the solution I have seen elsewhere in regards to the script can be run over my account will fix this issue. Can someome please assist? 

Thanks

• Hi FMC2291 

In that case,can you please attach the screenshots of where you can see this value and also the item register window with expanded date range for the affected item. If the balance is incorrect and there is no reference to any transaction due to which it might have occured, we would have to figure out if there is possible corruption in the data file.

You're welcome to send these screenshots by Private Message if they contain any sensitive information.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
      FMC2291
      Experienced User

Hi Komal

I called support this morning and they ran the scripts. Unfortunately it didnt work though. 

Thanks anyway.

Komal_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi FMC2291 

In that case,can you please attach the screenshots of where you can see this value and also the item register window with expanded date range for the affected item. If the balance is incorrect and there is no reference to any transaction due to which it might have occured, we would have to figure out if there is possible corruption in the data file.

You're welcome to send these screenshots by Private Message if they contain any sensitive information.