Customise reports

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Aileen_6300
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

38Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Customise reports

Hi there - is there a way to customise reports.  I would like a list of Creditor Invoices which shows what expense codes were used to input the invoice and the Job codes used?

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Customise reports

Hi @Aileen_6300 

The Purchases [Supplier Detail] report should be able to produce that information - Reports>>Purchases>>Supplier.

This report will list the Item/Account that was used on the purchase. You can even insert the job number (or name) through the Insert/Modify>>Show Hide option.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Aileen_6300
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

38Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steve - Thanks for that information.  I've gone in there and added what I need on my report (except it doesn't have an option for the Expense Account Name only the number - which I can live without but would be more preferrable than the Number) however, now it won't give me a Print option - it's greyed out.

Also, is there a way to save the settings so I can generate this same report each fortnight?  I think the Save function here is to save it as a PDF with this particular data - not Save this as a specific report to run again.

Your help is much appreciated.  Smiley Happy

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Aileen_6300 

After making changes to the report through the Insert/Modify tab select the Filters tab. This action will save those changes and allow you to Print (or export out) that report.

With respect to saving reports, yes you can save it as a Custom Report so you can navigate to it via the My Custom Reports tab - our Help Article: Saving and deleting custom reports would be able to assist with that process.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Aileen_6300
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

38Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you again Steve - I'll check it out.

Aileen_6300
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

38Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Hi again @Steven_M.  Yes, that was very helpful.  I seem to have almost all I want in the report now, but is there a way to get the Expense Account name included please - I can't seem to find it in the show/hide list.  I can get the Item/Acct (i.e. Expense Code number) but would like the name instead as it's more meaningful to others who are not familiar with all the numbers.  I've changed the margins to suit but the footer (even though I click and drag down when icon turns to a double sided arrow) doesn't seem to stay down.  Is there a way around this please?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Aileen_6300 

The Purchases [Supplier Detail] report would not show the account name, only the account number. I'm not familiar with any purchase-based reports that will list the account's name rather than the number. 

The only way I could see you getting that number would be if you also run the Account List report then sent that report and the Purchase report to Excel. Once in Excel, you would use a Lookup function to pull that account name onto that report.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Aileen_6300
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

38Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

@Steven_M  - now we're getting a little out of my league.

I've exported to Excel however my VLookup function is only showing as the formula itself, not the result of the formula.  I seem to have a lot of trouble when I export to Excel in that I have to reformat columns to show as numbers and not text, then use AutoSum function to get my totals if I need to delete anything etc.  In this case, is there a better work around?  I've clicked the Calculate Now button to no avail - I'm still seeing =Vlookup(L13,AccountName,2,False) and not the result.  Also, can I use an If function so that the lines that don't have the code in them stay blank?  Thanks so much if you're able to help.

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

Hi @Aileen_6300 , if all you see is the formula, then the column is probably formatted as text.  To see the formula result, you need to format the column as eg number before adding any formulae. 

Usually you need to delete that column and start over.

Wrapping the formula in an if statement is one way to hide zeroes, or you can extend the number format code. These codes have 4 parts separated by semicolons, these are positive, negative,  zero and text. So for example 0.00;-0.00;;@ would also hide the zero. (To see the format code, after selecting your format, select the custom option and edit the code there).

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Aileen_6300
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

38Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

@Mike_James thank you - yes, I deleted the column and formatted as suggested and all good.

For my future reference: is there a way to ensure when exporting to Excel from MYOB that the data comes across as numbers and not text... it gets a bit frustrating having to reformat everything when I do my reports?

I really appreciate your input.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post