Has there been a change to spend money transactions?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

461Posts

220Kudos

4Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Has there been a change to spend money transactions?

I don't know if this is one of those things where you think you've always been able to do something but maybe you couldn't, or if there has been a change. 

I have a spend money electronic payment that I need to change the memo on. The date of the transaction is 4/6/2021. Transactions prior to 1/6/2021 are locked. The "transactions can't be changed and must be reversed" option is NOT turned on.

The electronic payment file has already been created but I don't think this usually stops me from making changes to the spend money. However, I don't use spend money very often. I can edit bills after they've been paid electronically. Why can't I change the spend money? I can change the Memo that is under the Statement Text box but I can't edit the allocation memo between the job number and tax code. 

I'm pretty sure I would remember if I had to undo an electronic payment and reprocess it every time I would have wanted to do this in the past...

Has it always been this way, or is it new? If new, WHY????? I can't change the account name or job number or GST code. Or anything really, except the payee memo (which should be linked to the card anyway, I think). I only need to add one word to the allocation memo.

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Has there been a change to spend money transactions?

Hi @H-TS 

I've just tested this in 2019.3 and it's the same so it's been around for a couple of years minimum. Both Spend Money and Pay Bills transactions are payment transactions and for this reason are uneditable once the electronic payment has been processed. The Enter Purchases transaction isn't a part of the electronic payment so can be edited. 

You can make changes to a Spend Money transaction, including the Allocation Memo field, before the electronic payment has been processed. 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

461Posts

220Kudos

4Solutions

Thanks @Tracey_H 

That's frustrating but not your fault or problem.

DomB
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

I could've sworn the exact same thing, @H-TS.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post