Need help importing Items

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AccountsAH1
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Need help importing Items

Hi All,

I am trying to create a whole bunch of new Inventory items and using the Import function to bulk load these.

I followed the instructions to first add one item manually, then export that item so that I use that export file as my "template" to add all the other items in. I will be adding hundreds of items in, but I am first trying to load 127 items and all of them are failing. Here is the log:

0 records imported without errors.
0 records imported with warnings.
127 records skipped.

Summary of errors
Error -1023: The ItemNumber value cannot end with a space.
Error -4012: You must specify an expense account for tracking costs.

I checked my data and the Item Numbers do not end with any spaces.

I definitely have an expense account nominated in the data which is 51000 and it's a Detail account, not Header.

I read this post here: https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Getting-started/Importing-items-issue-and-error-message-A...

My issues are the same as this person encountered, but it doesn't really explain the solution to the issues, MYOB just seemed to edit the file and send it to the person to load in without explaining HOW it was fixed up.

Please note my data does include some quotation marks because our stock is different lengths and therefore we need to specify inches using ", e.g. 12". I need to keep the quotation marks so I need a workaround for this if it is infact causing the issue with the Item Number.

I have absolutely no idea why the Expense account is not working.

Can anyone assist? I don't want to attach the file here as it includes stock information I wouldn't want to share on a public forum.

With thanks in advance. Smiley Happy

2 REPLIES 2
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,863 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,863Posts

1,027Kudos

756Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Need help importing Items

Hi @AccountsAH1 , if you open both text files that are attached to a couple of posts in that link, and copy/paste the contents into Excel on the same worksheet, you'll see what has changed, ie the column layout, which these days can affect the end result. Make your layout as much like the moderator's example as possible.

This may help you. If not, I'm happy to take a look at the text file you are importing, if you email it to me.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

AccountsAH1
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Need help importing Items

Hi @Mike_James 

Thank you yes I persevered with that and finally worked out it was the column order that was mainly causing the issues!

Thank god there was a template in that feed that I could simply download and update as needed, took me a couple of go's to get the order of the columns correct but got there eventually.

Thanks for replying, appreciate it. Smiley Happy

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post