Selling an inventory item with negative stock through API POST

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

236Kudos

162Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Selling an inventory item with negative stock through API POST

Hi Folks & MYOB

MYOB AR Premier vs Standard Inventory - inventory - selling of an inventory item into negative stock amounts.

Can anyone tell me whether MYOB Premier or Standard can do this as per the original Premier V19 Enterprise - you could sell into negative stock levels.

I ran into an API problem that an POSTed invoice with line items running "some" into negative stock levels caused the entire POST to be rejected.

Questions

1. Does MYOB AccoutRight allow the sale of an inventory item into negative stock values

2. If so which version Premier/Standard ?

3. If yes - will a POSTing of an invoice work and not get rejected

4. V19 had a tick box in preferences to allow this - this isn't available in AR Premier/Standard

The Doc

1 REPLY 1
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Selling an inventory item with negative stock through API POST

Hi @The_Doc 

Unlike AccountRight v19, AccountRight 20XX doesn’t allow for negative inventory sales. So if you were trying to record a sale where one or more items would go into negative you would be prompted to either build, buy or backorder the balance of items.

Going through the API will see a similar thing happen, in that you cant record a sale where items would go into negative on hand quantities, however it would be rejected.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post