Employee FIRST YTD total was negative - has affected every YTD since. HOW TO FIX?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ManagerAmy
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Employee FIRST YTD total was negative - has affected every YTD since. HOW TO FIX?

Thank you for your help @Tracey_H, I was able to resolve my issue with your assistance.

@JCC27, I hope you were able to resolve yours.

Many Thanks,

Amy.

VCaban
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Employee FIRST YTD total was negative - has affected every YTD since. HOW TO FIX?

What if you don't have a backup to restore?

I have a client with this problem and no back up has been done... 

We normally do a backup after reconciling EOY wages and moving into the next year but we can't reconcile the wages due to this error and MYOB has automatically moved to the next year (no more hard EOY close). 

There are 2 employees that were paid on 01/03/2021 and these pays have not changed the YTD figures showing on the employees payslip. 

For one of the employees, it is their first pay and the payslip shows the gross wage in the amount but the YTD shows $0.00.

The other employee has payroll details for the whole year.  The pay immediately before 1/3/21 shows YTD of $1226.75.  The payslip for the 1/3/2021 shows Gross of $210.60 and YTD of $1226.75 - the same as the previous pay slip....  It is as if these pays don't exist.... except that the funds have come from the bank and they are showing in the P&L as expenses.  The Payroll Activity Report includes these figures but the Payroll Register doesn't....

What can I do to fix this so we can get their STP finalised?

Regards

Vicki

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @VCaban 

If the Payroll Activity and Payroll Register reports are different you need to manually change the employee card>>Payroll Details tab>>Pay History back to what it should be. To change the Pay History in the previous payroll year you need to restore a backup locally, if you don't have a backup we offer a backup retrieval service: Backup Retrieval

If the Payroll Activity and Register reports are the same try processing a $0 pay with payment date as 30 June for those 2 employees, wait until the report has been accepted and then recheck their Summary of payment reports.

This post, STP FAQs and Resources 2021, has links to posts that can help with reconciliation issues. If you need further assistance please let me know.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post