problem of reporting Bonus to ATO through STP

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
PF201812
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

problem of reporting Bonus to ATO through STP

I processed a bonus payment run for an individual employee in Payroll of MYOB Accountright. In "Payroll Category List", I have coded Bonus as Gross Payments for ATO reporting category. But after the pay run done, I noticed the Gross Payments showing 0.00 in payroll reporting centre. The bonus amount was not added to the employee's YTD Gross payment at all. 

Can anyone advise how to fix this problem? otherwise any other solution to report bonus payment to ATO?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: problem of reporting Bonus to ATO through STP

Hi @PF201812 

Thanks for your post. When Single Touch Payroll (STP) reporting is incorrect there's a couple of things I'd suggest to check first. The first is that the correct ATO reporting category has been assigned. The second is to make sure the Payroll Acitivity and Payroll Register reports are the same and correct. If the reporting category is correct and those two reports match, I'd process a $0 pay to see if that pulls the correct YTD amounts through to STP.

Creating a $0 pay to send an updated STP report 

If that doesn't resolve the problem please let me know so that I can assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

PF201812
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for your response.
I have tried your suggestions but the problem still persists.
eg. the bonus amount is $1000. The YTD Gross payment before bonus is $8600. After the bonus entered, YTD Gross payment should be $9600 but I checked the report sent to STP and found the amount remained $8600. However, when I run the Payroll summary and Payroll register, the total wage amounts are matched and showing $9600. 
The bonus is assigned correctly as Gross payment in ATO reporting category. 
And I also created a $0 pay to send to STP. But the YTD gross payment amount was not updated.
Is there any other reason that causes this error?
Thanks.
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @PF201812 

If your Activity and Register reports are correct then it does suggest an issue with the ATO reporting category.  STP reports pull their data from the ATO reporting category assigned to the payroll categories. So that I can look into this for you can you please send me the following screenshots by private message:

• Activity and Register reports
  • the Bonus payroll category window
  • the STP report for that employee
  • the Process Payroll transaction in which the Bonus was paid

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @PF201812 

Thanks for sending me those screenshots. From looking at the amounts in those reports it appears that the Bonus wage category has been ticked exempt from PAYG Withholding. You can check this by opening the Bonus wage category and clicking on Exempt. If PAYG Withholding has been ticked it won't be reported through STP.

If you're not sure whether the Bonus should be exempt from PAYG, I do recommend checking with the ATO.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

PF201812
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User