Forum Discussion

KGrove
Contributing User
6 years ago
Solved

Help filling out G3 on BAS

I'm trying to fill out G3 on the BAS, but don't know which figure to use on the GST Cash Summary Report. Can you please help. I don't know the difference between Sales Value and Sales Purchase Value. Thanks. 

• Hi KGrove

Generally speaking the field G3 on your BAS is made up of GST-Free based sales. Typically, you would select a zero-rated tax code when setting up that field. However, I would strongly recommend speaking with an accountant or BAS expert should you require assistance with completing your BAS and need clarification on what values should be included in what field.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi KGrove

Generally speaking the field G3 on your BAS is made up of GST-Free based sales. Typically, you would select a zero-rated tax code when setting up that field. However, I would strongly recommend speaking with an accountant or BAS expert should you require assistance with completing your BAS and need clarification on what values should be included in what field.

GDay53
    Ultimate Partner

KGrove

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

Do you use the BAS link feature?

The first thing you need to do is setup the BAS Info so that it will report correctly.

Accounts Command Centre go to Prepare BAS / IAS.

When the window opens click on lodge manually.

At the top is the BAS Info button click on that and enter the correct values for your BAS / IAS. If you are not sure check an existing BAS statement. Click OK.

Now choose the last month of the reporting period and the correct year, untick include year end adjustments and then click prepare statement.

As the BAS Link feature is opening there are some warning boxes - make sure you read and UNDERSTAND what they are about before going any further.

With the BAS feature open click on the setup box beside G1 - then choose the tax codes that relate to this area.

Do the same for all of the other setup boxes.

When you do wages make sure you include Salary Sacrifce in the Gross at W1.

Have a read of the BAS LINK FAQ's and use the onscreen help.

When completed you can check the amounts are correct by using the GST Summary report.