Forum Discussion

Zsuzsanna_MCHP
Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Hi, my boss has tried to upload the Taxable Payment Report, but it has come back with Test Failed, reason: Line 35, The file contains an illegal character at end of last record.

Hi, my boss has tried to upload the Taxable Payment Report, but it has come back with Test Failed, reason: Line 35, The file contains an illegal character at end of last record. Thanks, Zsuzsanna
    5 years ago

Hi Zsuzsanna_MCHP,

Thank you for the post!

This is normally caused by an invalid character somewhere in the empdupe file. Most likely copied and pasted from an external source into the address or company name fields.  Pay particular attention to the address of the  in your list (line 35).

I would be taking a copy of that TPAR file and then opening that in NotePad (or NotePad ++) and come through the document to see if you do have any unusual characters i.e carriage returns or addition symbols... Based on the error report it would be line 35 (so around the 35 card).

Once that character has been edited, you would be able to delete or change that in your AccountRight file and recreate that TPAR file lodgement.

Thank you.