Forum Discussion

ConnieChen
Contributing Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Taxable payments annual reports contain contractors' bank account details

To whom it may concern,   We opened the TPAR files with WORD which are the ones to be submitted to ATO. We found subcontractors' bank details have been shown in the reports (in the rows where the r...
    4 years ago

Hello ConnieChen 

I found on the ATO website that additional information may be required of some reports. "Depending on whether you lodge the paper form or lodge online, we may ask you to include additional information where it is known to you. This additional information may include the contractor’s phone number, email address and bank account details (where they are paid by electronic bank transfer).Therefore, the software would pick that up and include the information in your report. I ran a report in my software to check for a contractor paid via electronic bank transfer and it did pull the account information into the report.

Generally speaking it is not advised to open the TPAR once it has been produced, as doing so can in some cases muddle the information. Could you confirm that you followed all instructions outlined here and saved the report as indicated? And if you go through the process again but on Step 4 click 'View Taxable Payments Report,' do you see the report displaying properly? If so, I do suggest downloading the report and lodging it directly without opening it in another application.