Using BASlink with two different MYOB Accounts - Same ABN

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
SergC
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Using BASlink with two different MYOB Accounts - Same ABN

Hi,

I use MYOB Accountright 2020 to keep track of two seperate businesses which are part of the same ABN. When it comes time to prepare quarterley BAS Statements I combine the two sets of figures and submit it online (through the tax office portal). 

However I want to start taking advantage of the BASlink in MYOB to try and streamline our bookkeeping. I logged on and began the process to lodge online from each of the accounts. All the details on the statements were the same but the figures were not combined, which was no surprise.

Does anyone know if this can be done? Or am I doomed to not be able to use this function while we are using MYOB to keep track of each seperate business.

Thanks,

Serge.

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Using BASlink with two different MYOB Accounts - Same ABN

Hi @SergC 

Thanks for your post. The online BAS module in AccountRight pulls the data from that specific company file to prefill the BAS form. There isn't a way to automatically combine the figures from two different company files into the one lodgement. However, you can manually adjust the BAS field amounts which may work for you.

This help article has detailed information on lodging your BAS online: Prepare your activity statement online

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post