MYOB portal - no approve tab

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Delany
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB portal - no approve tab

Hi 

I have clients that have always approved via the myob portal however all of a sudden they don't have the option.  I have sent it ticked requiring a signature and on their end they can open and print but not approve?  Was told by MYOB that issue was fixed from their end and I needed to trouble shoot the issue with my clients.  Seriously!

Also some clients that just need to open and view can't do either.  

Has anyone had this issue and found a fix

Finding it very frustrating particularly now when you don't have extented hours for daylight saving. 

1 REPLY 1
nickypic
103 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

103Posts

0Kudos

13Solutions

Re: MYOB portal - no approve tab

Hi @Delany 

The approval tab will be missing in a Portal when the user has not logged into the Portal using the email address requested to approve the task/document or the system failed to authenicate the user correctly.

Often when users share a computer/device, when they click on the email link to approve their document, the browser will automatically login to the Portal using the previous users email address.   This works fine if its just one user, but when there are two or more, it can be the wrong account.

Sometimes it can be the correct account but the authenication failed. 

To resolve the issue, the user will need to click on the cog in the Portal next to the name it is logged in as and select Logout - (top left hand side of the browser).   Then log back into the portal using the email requested to sign the documents.  This is located at the bottom of the email.  

When the user then logs back in they should see their documents to approve under the Task option - My Open Tasks.    Only Tasks that appear under the My Open Tasks will have an Approval button. 

cheers,

Nicky
Practice Solutions Product Analyst
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post