Forum Discussion

Belinda-AB
Contributing User
2 years ago

Invoice / Stock Issue

Hi there,

MYOB ADVANCED

We have processed an invoice that has been finalised through to the debtors account however the Inventory Issue in the background  is still *Balanced*.  

There is one stock item that seems to be causing the completion of the stock item release.  Even tho we were able to complete the invoice?

When trying to release the inventory receipt there is an error advising there is no stock for this item however when checking the QTY through Stock Items there is 1 in stock. Error -->  IN error.   Updating item xxxxx 0 in warehouse 'MAIN MAIN' quantity on hand will go into negative.

To get around this i have manually entered another one to finalise the issue however that doesnt seem to be working either. 

As all inventory issues are generally automatically updated so im not sure how to fix this issue.  

Can you please advise how this can be corrected as its not updating the stock  for this invoice? 

Thank you

B

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Belinda, 

Thank-you for your post. 

The error message you have mentioned is indicating that the warehouse stock will go into a negative. 

You can check the stock on hand by navigating to the Inventoy Summary screen and selecting the inventory ID in question. 

Once the screen has loaded the inventory details you can double click on the line that is the warehouse idicated in the error message. 

This will take you to a new screen called the Inventory Allocation Details - This shows all of the documents that are currently utilising the inventory item. 

It is possible that there was enough stock at the time this was created but since then there are other documents that have now occupied the stock on hand. 

Belinda-AB
      Contributing User

Hi Bridie,

Thanks for getting back to me, appreciate your feedback.

I have manually entered 2 items into the system to finalise the "stock issue". 

I have then gone back into the inventory card and its still showing 1 item in stock.  However its also showing

On Hand 0.00 EACH, Available 0.00, EACH, Available for Shipping 0.00 EACH,  Available for Issue 0.00 EACH. therefore i am not able to manually adjust it back to 0.00.  

I have also looked into the Inventory Allocation Details report as mentioned in your message and there doesnt seem to be anything allocated to this stock item.

I am not sure how the inventory card can be showing 1 in stock however its also showing - On Hand 0.00 EACH, Available 0.00, EACH, Available for Shipping 0.00 EACH,  Available for Issue 0.00 EACH. 

Its an old product that we are wanting to *inactivate* however as its still showing 1 in stock its causing me a litte greif :( 

B

Bridie_M_MYOB
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Belinda, 

Thank you for your reply,  

Would you mind sending an email through to businesssupport@myob.com that contains the details of your issue?

This way the support team can create a copy of your site and do some testing to figure out how to help you wiht this one. 

Please if you can add screenshots and any information you think  might be useful to assist the team